ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is this normal? (pic)

J

jakm15

as the temp gauge is in the pic it is usually always in that position but slightly higher, about 2 dots more. its like this even on long motorway journeys. it only ever gets to the center on a hot day in traffic. its a 1.2 8v. my mates 1.2 16v is always in the center.

any advice ideas is great?

Photo0182.gif

Mk5 golf gti
yea
well 2 more dots is nearly half
an mine is always on that
be thankful it isnt always at the top lol then thrers problems

J

jakm15

yea
well 2 more dots is nearly half
an mine is always on that
be thankful it isnt always at the top lol then thrers problems

ye good point

yep thats the same with mine

stop being a tight cnut and get some fuel in her though lol

just had a full tank in, 380 miles to a tank, a bit crap for a 1.2

Mine had that just before it died (UNRELATED).

Wouldn't blow out warm air so was always freezing lol.

thanks lol

Fill him with hope lol.

ano lol

Yeh normally about half way when it gets warm.

Why is your stop light on though?

the handbrake is on

So the handbrake light should be on but not the stop light

im sure on the mk2 ph1's both the stop and park lights come on but on the ph2's only the handbrake light comes on.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
coolant thermostat gone? stuck open? would explain bad mpg's too maybe...because your engine is old an not upto running temp...

J

jakm15

my old ph1 never did it but ive seen a few ph1's that have stop light on when handbrake is on so maybe its normal

its done it since ive had the car, pads are fine up front and its had new ones at the back, only ever comes on with the handbrake on.

coolant thermostat gone? stuck open? would explain bad mpg's too maybe...because your engine is old an not upto running temp...

any idea how big of a job it is? only getting around 30mpg, but they are all mainly short journeys

Isn't stop and handbrake a sign of low brake fluid.

ive read a few threads saying that but the fluids up 2 the max mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Pug 205 gti
my stop light an hand brake light comes on when the handbrakes on.
thermostat is piece of piss buddy, 3 bolts holding the housing on

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
my temp says at exactly the same place as urs... 2 places below middle... its a ph1 1.4 16v

im not worried about it! car runs fiine :)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Pmsl the gearbox went, just so happened that this went a couple of weeks before. Car ran fine, but it was just a pain in the @rse considering the freezing weather and only having cold air in your car lol.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
it should be half way but the way the dials are angled it always looks slightly lower than it should be.

if you line your eyes up straight it "should" sit in the middle!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I had this problem with our 182, it was never getting to temp and the cold limiter was always on. I replaced the thermostat and it cured it, it was sticking open