ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this right?... getting quotes..

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just been using compare the market for quotes

and is this right?

me on my own is £1000

Wanted to get a cheaper quote so added my dad,

me and my dad is £970

Thought hang on, its getting cheaper, lets add my bro,

me and my dad and my bro is £930

And my gf has started to learn to drive and i wanted to put her on my insurance, so

and me and my dad and my bro and my gf who has a provisional for 3 months is £830,

Really?

LEXUS LS400
Provisional drivers are always under the supervision of an experienced driver and are therefore deemed lower risk. When your g/f passes her test you will want to take her off again as your insurance will likely double.

Provisional drivers are always under the supervision of an experienced driver and are therefore deemed lower risk. When your g/f passes her test you will want to take her off again as your insurance will likely double.

This. I've seen people with £300 a year on a provisonal to £2000 a year on their own

Seat Ibiza
Yeah be careful when adding people with a provisional, due to the fact above, and they don't have to tell you how much it can rise by because 'prices are always changing'
I expect as soon as she passes and you add her as a named driver it will come down anyway.
For example, my 172, I insured it at 21, my girlfriend was still only just 19, within a couple of weeks she'd be 20, so I couldn't insure her on it, but i was just going to add her when she was anyway. So that time come I added her, dropped by £50...she added me on her 1,9TDi Ibiza, I had to pay £40...? Hows that right?? Lol
Insurance is just people picking numbers out of the sky im sure of it! But anyways it needed so it could be worse...!

Insurance is just people picking numbers out of the sky im sure of it! But anyways it needed so it could be worse...!

Have you seen the south park episode 'margaritaville'?

Insurance is like where they cut the chickens head off and consult the chart.