ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is this right ??

197 F1 / Disco 3
image.jpeg
Is this right , with my car jacked on one side the shock moves about in the top mount , it doesn't appear to be fixed ?
With the weight on the shock the top mont rubber bit is above the body as in picture
Help !!

renault clio 1.4 16v
yea they do move around quite a bit, if they are knocking over bumps then replace them... otherwise that is normal. would be an idea to touch up the paint on the towers where the mount has been rubbing.

The rubber is meant to sit above the body, otherwise how will it turn when the wheels do?

Although, there's supposed to be a few threads showing at the top. Is it as tight as it'll go?

197 F1 / Disco 3
The rubber is meant to sit above the body, otherwise how will it turn when the wheels do?

Although, there's supposed to be a few threads showing at the top. Is it as tight as it'll go?

How do you know if it's tight enough?? Nuts seem tight but I have noticed one side sits higher than the other even
With the nits being at the same level .... I wondered if this was the cause of my shite steering at speed ? Wanders really bad ..

renault clio 1.4 16v
Steering slop is more likley to be caused by worn tie rod ends, ball joints and bushes...