ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It’s all gone a bit Euro!...(56k ok)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

With thanks to niksmith, here is my car...euro style.

H&Rcoilovers are up next month anyway, but this just looks too cool not to look into it. IMO. I realise its not everyones cuppa frogs. But thats why im posting in the first place...opinions.

The wheels are Image Billets, it wouldnt be driveable like this, obviously. Give me and my credit card some ideas though.

Think of the car like this, with a full chrome cage, stripped rear, single wiper and single dtm mirror(a la Winston).....:devilish: I think i may have the Euro bug.

--chris

ps. first pic is very old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/Photoshop/carboncopyeuroclio.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/Photoshop/carboncopyrear.jpg

E87 118i

looks mint, been meaning to ask someone about these "euro" style wheels, how do those tyres stay on the rims, when you have like 9" rim and a 195 tyre, always looks like the side walls are giving in - is it safe to drive.

Quote: Originally posted by rock on 05 August 2005
looks mint, been meaning to ask someone about these "euro" style wheels, how do those tyres stay on the rims, when you have like 9" rim and a 195 tyre, always looks like the side walls are  giving in - is it safe to drive.

the tyres are stretched over the rims therefore them beeing tighter and there is no way they will come off the rim. having wheels wider than the arches does fail an mot but when that time comes round you swap over the rims. This also aplys for germany where this style is most common, but they do not have many problems. I think it looks better than massive rims big spoilers and the usualy styling over here. clean and smart

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 05 August 2005

it looks shocking the wheels are nasty and they look silly coming out of the arches and im sure its an mot fail
yer theres a law sayin your wheels or tyres should not protrude past the lines of the bodywork, i really like the euro look, but i dont really think it suits the mk2 clio mate

E60 diesel powah

Quote: Originally posted by rollin on 17s on 05 August 2005

Looks badass in the first pic with the ph1 rear bumper. Not keen on the second pic though.
better on the mk2 bumper by far if you wer to choose

182 and 5 GTT

Nah, the euro look is smoth and rounded. The ph2 bumper looks to square imo. Wheels look good though. Nice change from ronals or Schmit TH Lines

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by rollin on 17s on 05 August 2005

Nah, the euro look is smoth and rounded. The ph2 bumper looks to square imo. Wheels look good though. Nice change from ronals or Schmit TH Lines
if your going to do it then chris ill have your back bumper ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

a perfectly nice car ruined!!!!!!! Euro= German cars not french! Yours is one of the nicest cars on the site, dont go down that road for christ sake!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 05 August 2005

a perfectly nice car ruined!!!!!!! Euro= German cars not french! Yours is one of the nicest cars on the site, dont go down that road for christ sake!
couldnt have said it any better myself

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 05 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 05 August 2005

couldnt have said it any better myself
;) Knowsit sir!

A well built VW

Ask winston im ure he posted some pics or has a link to a euro site with a 172 and very similar rims

Not sure if the style suits have to see one in the flesh

E90

I like it, looks good in the pics, then again, Ive been living over here for 6 years now. All the local hooligans at the ring have wheels like that.

Quote: Originally posted by niksmith on 05 August 2005
the tyres are stretched over the rims therefore them beeing tighter and there is no way they will come off the rim.

Dude are you crazy! Pop over to some of the Dub forums and try telling them that! The hundreds who have popped tyres off the rims on cornering will mame you at first site! Course its safe but it will NOT handle well and the chances of popping the tyre off the rim are much increased...think about it!

Oh and CC I love Euro to death but really like your car as is...if it aint broke.....

Personally i think the euro look should stay with the vw golf boys.
Clios dont really suit it (imo). vw golfs do !