ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IT Experts - website/VPS help

Elise/VX220/R26
I'm currently looking at moving meganesport onto a VPS server as a stepping stone to a dedicated setup. Are there any reccomended suppliers out there or possible pitfalls I need to be aware of? I've had problems with chared hosts imposing stupid things like query limits on SQL and things like that which make migrating a big databse a total PITA. VPS just looks a bit too good to be true to me tbh.

cock mobile.
VM is a trusted technology route these days, but you are right to be cautious, at the end of the day it's not going to be as good as a dedicated solution, but may well suit your current needs.

I'd like to know how many sessions are run on each box, the hardware of the box, what allocations are dedicated to your session, what room for expansion, do they load balance sessions to spread them across multiple boxes, etc.

We host everything ourselves, so can't recommended a host unfortunately.

Elise/VX220/R26
Yeah its tricky trying to make a decision. It took us two years and a lot of headaches just trying to get a reliable shared host.

The contention (how many VPSs per server) is important.
Overall specification of server, and also what allowance you have.

I've seen hosts offer all sorts of nonsense.