ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It was all going so well...

Turbos.
Oh, to be back at Tuesday. I was in fine spirits, arriving at Snetteron with my dad for a test day. We had brought his freshly repaired and re-built Exige for a shakedown. I had also fitted a new rear wheel, spring and had the geo setup on the CSL so was keen to get it on track the next day. The cars were great both yesterday and today, and we even had a ex-F1 driver showing us the wet lines.... lovely.

Then at about 3pm today i was following Martin (F1 guy) who was driving the CSL to show me another wet line. I kept pretty close as the spray from the rain made it hard to see him. We got onto the back straight and overtook one car. I then braked, lifted off but then noticed Martin was still braking. I then saw another slower car in front of him who seemed to have changed his mind when initially looking like he was going to let Martin past. Sadly, the combination of my complacency, weather conditions, no ABS and my proximity resulted in this...

Dsc00449.gif

Dsc00450.gif

I was too embarrased to take a picture of the Elise :eek:

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
nasty mate is the exhaust and abit of bumber the only damage ? your brave doin a wet track day in the csl lol good man

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm trying so hard not to laugh....

I don't mean that in a horrible way, but it was the way you phrased the last sentence!

Never mind mate. Its only metal and at least nobody was injured. Albeit your Ego has no doubt suffered a serious beating.

Turbos.
And the wallet Dan, the wallet!

The exhaust punctured a tyre, otherwise i would of ripped the backbox off and driven home in it.

Turbos.
Cheers.

Well my dad will pay for the Exige (3rd clam i've broken!) so thats something out of the way, no idea on the CSL... backbox will no doubt he silly money so i'll just go after market.

Renaultsport 220T
Rob, that is pretty gutting. I'll bet dad had a few words for you.

When you mention Martin, ex F1, was it Donnelly?

E90
Epic fail Fenn

It happens mate, I came a c**t hair away from rear ending a swedish c**k in a 997 at the ring last year, gave him a stern look when he finally let me through, could of been expensive. Hope u get it all sorted soon buddy

Turbos.
Exige is just getting a repaired clam AGAIN, but swear it will weight 5 tons with the amount of extra fibreglass on it! Fortunately no crash structure damage but one headlight needs replacing, and the splitter will need fixing.

Yes, Martin Donnelly. Amazing bloke, especially considering he had his dream snatched away from him and still has the obvious repercussions from his crash.

A very Amercican vid about it for interested peeps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkRvc9syoo

Turbos.
Got no pics of the Elise i'm afraid! Just hope there is no suspension damage otherwise it will start to get expensive, should be getting a report back today.

How refreshing to read a post from a Cliosporter who is obviously humbled and embarassed by the whole thing and admits complacency.

Most people would be blaming the world and his wife for it, anyone other than himself.

Hats off to you mate, you'll be a better driver for it, I've no doubt.