ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITB'd 197/200?

Evo
Yeah I spent A LOT of money getting my 197 ITB'd with a custom kit, race cams, VVT delete and high comp forged pistons. It dyno'd 230bhp...

Problem is the trumpets have to be VERY short because there's such limited space in the bay of the 197 and unlike the mk2s the slam panel is integral to the front structure of the car so cannot be removed or cut up. When I was working with TDF on the build we planned to custom make a new front cross member out of bracing to accommodate longer trumpet but alas they knocked road car work on the head before it took off.

Car was still a beast though, revving it upto 8,500rpm hearing those trumpets sing was a pleasure...

Evo
DSC_0550_zps84af70a4.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
My mate tagged me in a photo of a white 200 with ITB's on Facebook the other day, I can't find the photo now though

Evo
Sold it to some posh chap who wanted to replace his GT3 RS with something more sensible. Still speak to him occassionally, by all accounts he does a Spa trip a year in it and that's about all the use it gets although I'm trying to arrange a trackday with him so I can see the old girl in action again.