ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ITBS

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Hello Everyone,
I am currently running throttle bodies from a Honda (Machined Manifold from a B18) however i am rebuilding my engine over winter and want to spec some different ITB's.
Please could i have some feedback in regard to the Jenvey ITB's and the AT Power ITB's.
If there are any other options i am also open to suggestions.
I plan on running CAT CAMS 423's with VVT on Adaptronic Standalone management.
Thank you.
Picture for reference.
5305_10153085019208853_1188391815406817619_n.jpg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
There's some k-tec/Jenvey direct to head bodies in the parts for sale section, they even come with a decent filter setup if your interested.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The Jenvey setup will see you gain a bit more torque and the AT Power kits look pretty because they're cnc machined and have a cool design for the throttle cable pull. That's about all there is to say mate really. It's much of a muchness.

It's only when you start looking for proper horsepower that either of those setups becomes a restriction - we are talking 250bhp upwards.

Clio 200
The Mk2 AT Power kit seems to use a small butterfly, I know it's pretty far down the inlet tract (close to the port) but it still seems small to me at 42mm, I don't care for all the talk of 'shaftless' - just a gimmick IMO. Also the Mk3 197 ATP kit uses a 45mm butterfly and really I see no difference why there should be a difference between them. By time you've played with the head and put cams in (as any ITB'd car should be really) - they're for all intents and purposes the same.

For my money on a mk2 I would be looking at Titan ITB's though.

Last edited:

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Thank you everyone for your feedback, i never considered Titan Motorsport ITB's however they are rather tasty.
throttle_renault_f4r-1__large.jpg

However I think i am going to order the AT Power ones.
However please could some inform me if the following would fit in my Ph1 engine bay complete with a filter as i am currently not running one;

40mm or 60mm Horns
70mm or 100mm Extentions
I have attached a link for reference.
http://beta.atpowerthrottles.com/product_info.php/renault-f4r-42mm-p-67

Thanks

Track 172 Cup
Titan posted on here the other day about running a group buy for the last few sets of the bodies they had left. They looked very good.