ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes 7

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
mwatts_tci said:
o2 discoount?

Yeah working for o2 we use a site called Motivano for our staff discounts. Probably same as NUS discount at Apple. Got the Pink 4GB for my GF today at £121. Not loads off but still the same.

Get more off at Holiday Autos than my GF does with her NHS staff discount.

172 EXCLUSIVE
Don't upgrade!!

If you stick to v5 (not sure if you can do this on higher versions) you can unprotect any downloaded songs from itunes and eg use them on your PSP.

I upgraded but then uninstalled it and reloaded the older version.

PS. If you buy songs with the upgraded version, when you install the old version you will not be able to unlock them!! Only songs purchaced through the old interface can be unlocked.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
hulkster said:
Don't upgrade!!

If you stick to v5 (not sure if you can do this on higher versions) you can unprotect any downloaded songs from itunes and eg use them on your PSP.

I upgraded but then uninstalled it and reloaded the older version.

PS. If you buy songs with the upgraded version, when you install the old version you will not be able to unlock them!! Only songs purchaced through the old interface can be unlocked.

iTunes 7 DRM stripping has already been done, check slashdot.

Already? nice one.... pics pics pics? what colour? does the wheel light up?

loving the new iTunes.... loads of nice little upgrades... and gapless playback is about time.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dansta said:
Already? nice one.... pics pics pics? what colour? does the wheel light up?

loving the new iTunes.... loads of nice little upgrades... and gapless playback is about time.

No pics as I'm at work. The wheel doesn't light up, but it's pretty cool - I've got a 3rd generation mono ipod, this ones a hell of a lot sweeter! Sounds a lot better too.

I've never had a ipod but thinking of upgrading my headunit soon, and getting a new ipod nano like sn00p, question I want to know is will the new range of ipods connect to the existing in car gear which is already released?

1998 BMW e46 323i
when my version runs through the gapless process, it crashes and closes down... any ideas to resolve this?

Yes it will ClellandMc.

John, mine crashed once but i think it was cos i was doing shedloads at once and itunes didnt like it whilst i was downloading a vid off itunes, it was going through my itunes music database for gapless, as well as searching my ipod for gapless.... playing music and then scrolling through the new album covers... lol

1998 BMW e46 323i
Dansta said:
Yes it will ClellandMc.

John, mine crashed once but i think it was cos i was doing shedloads at once and itunes didnt like it whilst i was downloading a vid off itunes, it was going through my itunes music database for gapless, as well as searching my ipod for gapless.... playing music and then scrolling through the new album covers... lol

mine crashes every time without fail. i've got 5 gb of songs and it'll crash before playin one!

uninstalled and installed version 6 but it then wouldn't play the songs,because of a file created by ver.7. well p1ssed off with it!

RB 182
Playing with this at work and it keep closing itself when clicking the menu on the left, then found most of the music on the iPOD had been removed. This was on a Mac too which I would presume to be better.

1998 BMW e46 323i
running windows, have always found previous versions of iTunes fine, if a little illogical. i've sorted it now; downgraded to version 6!

Is ver. 7 beta or what like?! LOL

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Version 1.2 is not the gapless one, ive been running 1.2 on my nano for weeks.

The reason it asks you to install updates via itunes is because "ipod software updater" is now intergrated. Anything after 1.2 may include new features.

106 GTi
Picked up a 8gb one today, all good apart from a few issues with the Denison Ice Link in the 182 my old 20gb ipod does not have.