ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iTunes on another computer?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have iTunes on my laptop at home, which automatically sync's with my iPhone and looks for the photo's/apps/music etc. If the photo's aren't found, it deletes them from the iPhone, IIRC.

Anyway, I want to now put a copy of iTunes on my computer at work, but don't know what to expect when I plug the iPhone in, as the library will be empty, there'll obviously be no Apps stored, and the Photo's won't be there either. Will it wipe the phone until I get home and re-sync it with my laptop, or just realise nothing is in the library so will leave the iPhone as it is?

Not really up to speed with iTunes yet, although I do know the basics.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No idea actually. I've tried installing iPhonebrowser so I can transfer some themes and sounds over, but when I connect my iPhone it says it can't load and I get an error message, and I'm presuming I need to have iTunes installed and all the relevant .dll files associated with it.

Meh. Will install iTunes and not bother connecting the iPhone, and just running the iPhonebrowser again to see if it works.

It'll probably ask you if you want to start fresh with that library as it doesn't recognise it. Just say no.

But as soon as plug it in, iTunes will go boom boom pow.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Got iTunes installed now Dan, which has made the iPhonebrowser kick into action. Sorted. Cheers :)