ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive bought some Meguirs clay but:

al

ST on the way...
Yup, as Craig said, although I never bother drying, just go straight on with the QD and Clay.

172 Cup
Amazing stuff Richlawson uses it and it really brings out the car!
He did one of my front panels and left the rest of my car! the feel of it is amazing

Full Fat 182
Even better still, clay whilst washing, jusr use plenty of soup/water mix. Whilst washing drop the clay (1/3 of a bar is enough) into the warm water/soup mix and whilst using nead regularly. Use any old clay on your wheels after first washing over with a washmitt and/or wheel brush.

Oh, and dont drop your clay in a half used dirty bucket of water, the silt and muck that comes off your car onto your washmit and into the wash water will be all over it otherwise...

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Cheers peeps that great. Will give it a go sometime soon then.

Acejon said:
Even better still, clay whilst washing, jusr use plenty of soup/water mix. Whilst washing drop the clay (1/3 of a bar is enough) into the warm water/soup mix and whilst using nead regularly. Use any old clay on your wheels after first washing over with a washmitt and/or wheel brush

What flavour soup do i need to use? Pmsl

Cheers Dave

BMW E46 330i Touring
It's not a process that'll make your car look any different, unless it's really caked in crap. It'll take impurities that are bonded onto the paintwork away from the surface, leaving it glass-like to the touch. It's work doing once in a while to keep the paint sweet.

ST
Lol same....^^

After hand/pc-ing, glazing, sealing and a few coats of XXX or #16 thats when its shiny...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Nah, Polish people end up swirling up the clearcoat. The Asian population are much more thorough... :eek:

ST
I'm working 13 days without a day off jus now...but when i get a spare 5/6 hours i'll be doing my winter prep...

Wash: Chemical guys wash n wax.
Clay: Sonus grey clay with chemical guys synthetic detailer.
Polish: If i have time for PC, chemical guys spider web scratch and swirl remover, if not Auto Glym super resin by hand.
Glaze: Chemical guys Ez glaze.
Seal: Chemical guys blitz sealent or m seal.
Wax: 2/3 coats of megs #16.

Job done.

106 GTi
Back to AG SRP and EGP when I get a chance to. Topping it with Zymol Carbon this year.

Was going to do a good PC polish aswell but that can wait till spring.

ST
Rich said:
Back to AG SRP and EGP when I get a chance to. Topping it with Zymol Carbon this year.

Was going to do a good PC polish aswell but that can wait till spring.

Carbon wax is fit....tho i do like the mirror glaze on the 4" spot pads..

106 GTi
Not tried it yet. 16 was my winter wax last year, but applying wax by PC annoys me lol, so I thought I would try the Carbon this year.

Have got some new Blackfire Sealant and the 50/50 from David to try to still, but they may have to wait till spring now :( The cold days have crept up on me to quick.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I need you again Rich, noticed some beasty swirls over the weekend when the sun caught my roof.

God knows how they're getting there though, it's microfibre and two-bucket all the way these days!

106 GTi
Ads_172 said:
I need you again Rich, noticed some beasty swirls over the weekend when the sun caught my roof.

God knows how they're getting there though, it's microfibre and two-bucket all the way these days!

I know what you mean - No matter how carefull you are theses finish seem to marr so easily. I am trying to sort some indoor space at the moment to hopefully do some cars over winter but it is not looking good, hence me leaving my own car until Spring now TBH.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, it sucks! No probs, I wouldn't bother doing it until Spring anyway, pretty pointless really.

Save me a slot though!