ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Japfest 2008

Anyone go, any pics?

Let this one pass this year as I wanted to go to the BTCC at Thruxton, got to the end of my road at 7:30 this morning and had to wait 5 minutes as (and yes, I counted) just over 30 Skylines, 8 Supras and 5 or 6 of those Starlet things passed at the junction! A few minutes later I passed a 15-20 Imprezas and an Audi R8. Quite an enjoyable drive really!

Seen on the local news that some attendees smashed into a local village wall (one was a Fiesta Zetec S), just what the circuit needs with the nimbys! :rolleyes:

Didnt manage to make it up there today as i had to much on, but i herd it was rammed.

Looked very very busy on the news. Love that these events are so successful as it must bring in some good revenue for the circuit (and area) but I hate the fact you get so many knobs driving like idiots on the local roads, circuit is on a knife-edge with the locals anyway.

One of the reasons I didn't go really, queued for half an hour last year just from Yatton Kennel, it takes less time than that to leave my house, drive to the circuit and walk to my favourite photography spot on a normal raceday!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Was going to go but weather forecast was shite and then it turned out to be dry most of the day :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Japfest attracts the kind of cretins I cannot stand unfortunately. I gave it a miss this year.

I prefer the proper racedays.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Few from another forum :)

Jap16.jpg

Teg
Jap15.jpg

JDM Teg y0!
Jap17.jpg

Mayhem! lol
Jap19.jpg

RX7 :twisted:
Jap14.jpg

Now some Drifting!
Jap9.jpg

Jap13.jpg

Jap10.jpg

Jap4.jpg

Jap1.jpg

Jap11.jpg

Jap7.jpg

Jap52.jpg

Jap8.jpg

Jap22.jpg

Jap18.jpg

A silver Honda
I've just got back, was a good day. The rain stayed away thankfully!

I'll post up some pics soon.

A silver Honda
My pictures.

Mostly of them are Evos or Nissans...:Slol

7928edcd.jpg

922e300c.jpg

43cf2b75.jpg

4e49fb58.jpg

2dbdfe56.jpg

7b26cc3e.jpg

8256d9f4.jpg

ed25e8ec.jpg

eaac67d1.jpg

6f9568b1.jpg

6ac35d94.jpg

1b4c3fc4.jpg

9eb996da.jpg

4f439fa6.jpg

71a46ce0.jpg

aa42bd6d.jpg

2cee2a4c.jpg

1a57b0bc.jpg

27667594.jpg

a355820a.jpg

30e51924.jpg

da33deeb.jpg

75ffcbfe.jpg

fd04046b.jpg

4f29681d.jpg

Track action

9bd83033.jpg

2de18ee4.jpg

1389e69f.jpg

db5de960.jpg

c8ffb6f4.jpg

c2be6243.jpg

43c8bdc6.jpg

24dc6883.jpg

88a88da1.jpg

e551d279.jpg

cc68f50f.jpg

e8d14dd8.jpg

a066b666.jpg

157f4770.jpg

0b110150.jpg

d7512a1e.jpg

ced78dd5.jpg

954c7af1.jpg

Last edited:
  FF Blackgold 182
Yes I did go and I've just uploaded 53 pics onto Facebook. Good day actually. How was BTCC Chris?

Clio Sport 172
Did anyone take any pics of a white honda Integra with black mugen front splitter?

1933920417a4972876309l.jpg

The only difference from this pic is it now has white wheels

Any other pics at all folks ??

When I went a few years ago there was a silver rx7 with something like 12 pot brakes on it & some bling wheels, to say that the car was complete sarx was an understatement !

I've seen the silver 350z before too (0003soz) It looked better last time though.

Golf R soon...
922e300c.jpg

That car is from Swindon, he followed us to Castle Combe!

Its only an N/A supra though! Not to my taste

Last edited:
  Golf R soon...
This is one of my favourite cars of the day...

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

DSC02095.jpg

Nissan Micra with 350z engine in the back :)

FF Blackgold 182

When I went a few years ago there was a silver rx7 with something like 12 pot brakes on it & some bling wheels, to say that the car was complete sarx was an understatement !

I've seen the silver 350z before too (0003soz) It looked better last time though.

He's on the forum that my mate is a member of, as we went up in his 350z. That silver 350z GT is for sale and he is looking for 29k for it. Custom built n/a engine in it amongst lots of other mods. He needs to get rid as he has the new Skyline GT-R on order! Honestly, I'm not jealous. I may post some pics up later, depends how bored I am.

He's on the forum that my mate is a member of, as we went up in his 350z. That silver 350z GT is for sale and he is looking for 29k for it. Custom built n/a engine in it amongst lots of other mods. He needs to get rid as he has the new Skyline GT-R on order! Honestly, I'm not jealous. I may post some pics up later, depends how bored I am.

I remember it looking better a few years ago (i tinnk it had some other mods on it) When I saw it it must have only been about a year /18 months old. I think it had some different mods on it, but I don't really remember.
Price wise, a big ask for 29k for it imo. The dude's very lucky to be getting a new gtr though.

FF Blackgold 182

I remember it looking better a few years ago (i tinnk it had some other mods on it) When I saw it it must have only been about a year /18 months old. I think it had some different mods on it, but I don't really remember.
Price wise, a big ask for 29k for it imo. The dude's very lucky to be getting a new gtr though.

Yeah I think 29k is a lot to ask, but he apparently asked for something like 34k before and people told him he was mad! It was the first time I'd seen it yesterday, so I can't comment really. I love the Veilside spoiler on the back though. Much better than the Nismo shopping trolley handles imo. Yeah he is lucky, minted as well I think! He was invited over to Japan to see the GT-R when it launched. Nuff said really. lol

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
I was there. Didn't get any decent pics tho as all I had was my misses' crappy compact camera. I was suprised how many NSX's were there, must have been most of the ones in the country there!!

The Evo X in white looked awesome, which is suprising as the others I've seen on the road have looked really soft. Just goes to show what a big set of wheels can do!