ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jay's S13 200sx Project

So finally here is the thread. A bit about the car to start with, My grandad has owned this for the past 15years 7 of them spent sat in his garage until now. He has given it to me as I loved the car as a child so I have decided to give it a bash and restore it. Although it doesn't actually need as much as first though. Enough of the boring stuff so here it is sat in his garage.

6288574169_281c9fe026.jpg

Untitled by JayS_182, on Flickr

6289095622_caea6d76d2.jpg

6289102136_28db11d8d5.jpg

6289097882_4f3423a1e1.jpg

So as you can see from the pictures it wasn't really cared for just sat around for that long, also take a glance at the tax disc 2003 was the last time it was on the road. New battery and it started first time I must the engine is in really good condition, just change the fluids and belts and it should be fine.

So I moved it round to my workspace:-

6347602467_e6b9bd2532.jpg

6348357352_70d6cde115.jpg

6347604805_4798ec1aec.jpg

That's all I have at the minute. The spoiler is off and you can see from one the pics above it needs a new tailgate which isn't a big problem as it will need a respray anyway. It's now up on axel stands and I have begun to dismantle the front end to give everything a good look over and rust proofing, renewing anything that's needs doing along the way.

I have some decent facilities at the current place as it is a engineering business owned by the family so if I need to use anything I can(don't worry I am trained on milling machines, lathes, welders etc).

I have just won a set of shocks with Tein springs on EBay for a good price so they will be going on once I have given them a clean and lick of paint.

The first problem which me and my dad are trying to tackle is the speedo as its broken.

Will start taking some more pictures and get cracking on although as I work full time 8-5 and with it getting dark early it will be coming on very slowly. Only thing that worries me is the insurance as it seems to very high for a 1.8T at 23 but see what happens.

Thanks for looking updates very soon :)

Oh something I found in Law Engineering ;) the old Trike I help build

6348359518_c26900de76.jpg

I did all the welding on it and some of the metalwork and the petrol tank.The engine & gearbox was out of a old Hilman imp, but looks as though they have had problems as the engine is out.

I built 2 but my uncle crashed his. :(

Red
I'm on the hunt for a cheap ass project. Like £500 max. You're rather lucky.

OEM+ ftw. Ripping it too shreds to make it perfect?

RS Clio 172
I love these! This is what I was originally selling my car for but as you said, the insurance was a little too steep...

I'm on the hunt for a cheap ass project. Like £500 max. You're rather lucky.

OEM+ ftw. Ripping it too shreds to make it perfect?

Within my comfort zones yes, I won't be touching the engine except for changing all the fluids, might have to get someone in to do the belts for me.

Front axle and suspension set up to start with get all that sorted and just move my way to the back. The interior needs ripping out and giving a really good clean but I put put some leather in from a s14 or s13 which I ever I can get hold of.

Once all the mechanical stuff is done I will get it resprayed, tax and tested.

Gaz - I can't afford to boost it even more as the insurance it's stupid as it is, I can't believe how much it costs to insure one of these.

Plus a standard one in a few years will be sought after and worth money I hope ;)

Red
Within my comport zones yes, I won't be touching the engine except for changing all the fluids, might have to get someone in to do the belts for me.

Front axle and suspension set up to start with get all that sorted and just move my way to the back. The interior needs ripping out and giving a really good clean but I put put some leather in from a s14 or s13 which I ever I can get hold of.

Once all the mechanical stuff is done I will get it resprayed, tax and tested.

Then sell it for £500 too me? Haha

Plans sound good though man. I love old Japanese coupesque cars.

are you going to use it day in day out?

It will in the workspace until way after winter, some time round Easter I hope to have it on the road. I have a workman day to day so this will just be a nice little driver from time to time.

Then sell it for £500 too me? Haha

Plans sound good though man. I love old Japanese coupesque cars.

Not a chance it's worth way more just as it is :).

I'm looking forward to getting it all sorted though. Although looking for parts at the minute they can't half fetch some pennies.

Engine wise - Just change the fluids, plugs & belts. Give the rocker a paint to look standard again, red and black.

Bodywork - Will be getting re-sprayed at some point near the end, will be staying black. No silly bodykit or anything.

Mechanical Side - Either skim the discs or get new ones, new pads, trackrod ends, ball joints, re-grease the bearings, lick of paint and rustproofing(Waxoyl). Just get it looking good again and ready for the road.

Mods - Nothing i think standard is how it should stay. Maybe some new wheels and springs, Might need a new exhaust aswell.

Interior - Clean up the one i have or look for some cheap black leather out of s13/14 to put in it.

Also anyone know where i can get new nuts & bolts? mainly for the calipers and suspension set up really.

This needs to go ASAP as my uncle needs the space in his workshop for his business. Due to me looking at buying my first house very soon I don't have both the time or the funds for it anymore.

Infact I haven't even touched it since early last year see page 1 for pictures. Please don't PM me with any stupid offers one person on this forum is already extremely interested just thought I would give someone else a chance If they are interested.

All the funds will be going back to my Grandad, who is actually going to hate me for doing this.