ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jc5 gearbox differences?

Renault Clio 2 RS
Hi guys. Are there any differences between jc5 cases? I mean that part where the gear selector is. My jc5 089 has little crack near the selector shaft and there’s oil leak and I wanna change that part. (Half of the gearbox case). Can I just buy any jc5 gearbox (with the selector on the bottom of course) and replace?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys. Are there any differences between jc5 cases? I mean that part where the gear selector is. My jc5 089 has little crack near the selector shaft and there’s oil leak and I wanna change that part. (Half of the gearbox case). Can I just buy any jc5 gearbox (with the selector on the bottom of course) and replace?
You need the upper casing half that’s got the twin taper bearing setup. The later boxes had a taper bearing and a parallel roller bearing, so you can’t use them as they’re not compatible.

If in doubt, upload images of the casings you’re offered and I’ll tell you if they’re any good or not.

Renault Clio 2 RS
1684738088044.png
1684738112205.png

1684738147798.png