ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jerky acceleration and idle on 172 PH1

Clio 172 Ph1
Not sure if anyone has an ideas of what this could be?

This all started after the alternator bracket broke and took out my cam belt, ended up getting full head re-build, new valves etc. When i came to collect the car the guy at the garage said all was OK apart from the computer had registered a fault with the MAP sensor and that i should order a new one. New MAP sensor was ordered from EuroCar Parts and installed, fault was cleared from computer, however the car now had VERY jerky acceleration! Took back to garage and he said no fault had registered, suspected new MAP sensor was faulty, however i am not convinced. (before replacement of MAP sensor the idle was erratic but acceleration was ok) None of these issues were present before the cam belt went, however i have had it with that garage, don't want to deal with them again.

I am now running with the MAP sensor unplugged and have no jerkyness, however seems down on power and mpg. I thought perhaps it was related to another sensor and MAP trying to compensate? I replaced the Water Temp Sensor, no change, Took the TPS sensor off and cleaned it with brake cleaner, no change. Also sprayed around the inlet etc to check for air leaks, there do not appear to be any.

appreciate any advice :confused: