ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jessops 360AFD Nikon Flash Wont Fire Help.

172cup
I bought a Jessops 360AFD Digital Flashgun for Nikon had it for about 5/6 months and went to do a shoot the other week, and it wouldn't fire. So played around with settings and new batteries and eventually got it to work but then i look on the camera and the picture is black the flash fires but its as if shutter is too fast and misses the flash.
So i slowed the shutter right down and still the same.
But then randomly it will fire for 2/3 pics fine then back to how it was not working properly.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

It depends on what power you set the flash to. It won't be able to fire at full power every shot.

Try it on the lowest power, shoot at 200th/sec and wait a few seconds between shots and then I'd imagine it will fire every go.

172cup
Cheers for the help, just found out after a while there becomes a light film over the contacts on the hot shoe which can cause it not to fire so cleaned that up and it works fine atm.

Storm Grey 200
Im fairly sure it will work on a D60, although IMO get a Nikon speedlight off ebay, after a google of the jessops model you get quite alot of poor reviews