ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jessops in trouble...

Mondeo ST220
Would be a shame to see them go. They are great for advice and trying before you buy as you said.

However, once you've tried them and decided what you want it's quite often cheaper to buy online or somewhere else. I actually felt guilty about paying less for my D40 elsewhere after they had given me some good advice.

Theyre not that bad really. Some of the stuff is cheaper there and can only be competed with by companies in China.

My 50mm lens was £80 there I think or £77 from China. Easy decision TBH.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
A shame like you say, but hardly surprising. They already closed quite a few branches recently-ish iirc.

I bought my D40 there as it was the cheapest place! Cheaper than anywhere on the net! Most stuff from china is fake tbh! I even bought my tripod from Jessops when i knew it was cheaper online, as if you have a problem with anything, it's so easy to take it back!!

Lee

BMW M2C
They've been struggling for a while, mainly due to places online selling stuff cheaper, even though they're often imports.

It would be a real shame to lose them. I've bought a lot of my gear from Jessops, but have also spent hours chatting to the staff in my local Jessops. They've always been very helpful.

Bumder With A Buffer
They've been struggling for a while, mainly due to places online selling stuff cheaper, even though they're often imports.

It would be a real shame to lose them. I've bought a lot of my gear from Jessops, but have also spent hours chatting to the staff in my local Jessops. They've always been very helpful.

Agree A few of my friends have worked in them and they left a couple of years ago and the company was struggling. Said friends are now professional photographers (if you can call them that??!) and only did it whilst in uni etc.

Be a shame though as I like going in there and playing/chatiing with the guys in my local one.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've been expecting to see this thread for a while tbh, hope they don't go under. Makes me wonder how other companies like Jacobs are doing too.

B

Brown.

lol at the first post.... too true though, they would'nt be in this position if returns policy' were the thing of dreams