ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jethro's Trophy on the market

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
1606859141192.png

He's getting on a bit these days, mind..

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
87k and £9300 starting bid.

I honestly wish I could have the heart to sell mine at under 60K with 3 folders worth of receipts and invoices and more spare parts than you can shake a stick at

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Do you know what he is doing with the 996? Really love that car, just how I'd have one.
Only a little. Full RSS control arms/toe links etc, KW dampers and a few other bits. Motor suffered some scoring so it’s having a full build. He was thinking of doing an X51 Carrera motor swap but now he’s building the existing motor.
Ive spoken to him a few times but don’t know him well enough to feel I can ask details. Etc.

He put up a post on IG months ago that he had sold it to a Dealer friend. I’m not sure the reason for selling he gave rung true. Needs funds for an engine rebuild? He is the Host on TopGear USA. He can’t be short of a bob or two !

It was always nice to hear him speak so fondly of his Trophy. Much like Henry Catchpole and his 182. These guys drive every single car out there yet they still like their Clios.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst I don’t think he’s on the breadline. I don’t think they earn the kind of money you might think they do. If he has a car that no longer suits his needs and isnt being used. Has a better car that requires some funds thrown at it. Why wouldn’t you flog it to help with the 911 build?

BG 182 FF
I presume his DS and 996 are his keepers and yes, motoring journalism is not a lucrative line of work but I reckon TG america would pay a handsome wage.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
LOL at people thinking he's loaded. If you want to make money, motoring journalism definitely isn't the place to do it, trust me.

He's probably doing ok with the stuff in the US, but very few people make really serious money in that game sadly.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Jethro Bovingdon!! guaranteed that his wealthy Daddy packed him off to boarding school where he got bummed for years with a name like that !🤣🤣

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Super talented driver and excellent journo. Doesn't mix his words and always has something interesting to say.
He's up there with the likes of Harris, Dickie, Frankel, Sutcliffe, Barker etc all proper drivers who can actually write properly too. Not a YT influencer mongo who can barely string a coherent sentence together and can't drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse.

Super talented driver and excellent journo. Doesn't mix his words and always has something interesting to say.
He's up there with the likes of Harris, Dickie, Frankel, Sutcliffe, Barker etc all proper drivers who can actually write properly too. Not a YT influencer mongo who can barely string a coherent sentence together and can't drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse.
Totally agree, one of the few Car Journalists I actually pay attention to.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
have you listened to the podcast they did with him on collecting cars, if not have a listen it's very good.

He can drive a bit.

I think he must have cahoonas the size of watermelons or a total lack of fear of writing ££££££ of car off while drifting in the pissing rain :LOL:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Definitely up there in journalist terms. Him and Henry Catchpole are probably my two favourites of that generation.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
He’ll need more than £10k to sort that 996 he brought it to us at work and it’s a shed.