ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jord's Black Gold 182

Renault Clio 182
After trawling through this forum and feeling like the guy in the group chat who reads all the messages but never replies, I thought it'd be time to show my face and start a thread on the progress (or there lack of) of my BG 182. My clio story actually started in 2015 when I picked up a peasant spec titanium 182 off a family member which ended up being road trip'd round Europe with an obligatory stop off at the ring.

IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG

A longer motorway commute lead this to being replaced with an A3 TDI 170, which even with a remap had nothing on the driver involvement and excitement of the Clio (a slipping clutch didn't help mind) and therefore the hunt for another 182 was back on. Fast forward to April this year and this low mileage number appeared on PistonHeads in the following spec:

- BG with both cup packs
- 47k with FSH
- KTR/Janspeed Sports Exhaust
- Toyo T1R's all round

After seeing it online at 8pm, I was driving back home in it at 11pm relieved that it drove spot on and no faults crept up.

IMG_6016.JPG
IMG_5979.JPG

As the belts had only been replaced 15k miles prior but in 2010, the first port of call was to visit the guys at Birchdown to get the cam belt, aux belt and dephaser replaced just for peace of mind, along with fresh oil and filters. The subsequent changes have all been generic cosmetic ones including..

Silvervision rear indicators bulbs and some questionable Osram Diadem front indicators bulbs
IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5261.JPG
View attachment 1009253
IMG_5701.JPG

Wrapped the silver interior trim in carbon with new red decals, however, do not attempt this at 1 in the morning as it may result in having a 'gab ria'
which I don't believe to be as safe as an air bag in the case of an emergency.

IMG_5213.JPG
IMG_5704.JPG

Although I did like the look of the gear knob, a Ph1 metal one popped up on the sales section here and at a fiver I couldn't say no.
IMG_5702.JPG

Removed the rear wiper and wrapped the plate surround thingy.

IMG_5270.JPG

whilst spraying the front grille, new plates, headlights restored, clio 200 badge and new matts were also done.
So after a wash and wax the other day, this is how she now stands..

IMG_5675.JPG
IMG_5672.JPG
IMG_5685.JPG

I'm not looking to do anything too drastic in terms of modifications, which could make for a very boring thread, however my plans at the moment are as follows:

- Brembo HC discs and pads of which I haven't decided on
- De-cat as my catalytic converter is knackered, blowing from both ends and sounds a lot like a wet fart past 2k revs
- New exhaust mounts
- Cooksport springs
- Spacers

Also apologies for the lack of documentation picture wise as I never had the intention of making a thread, so I hope whatever I've salvaged from my camera roll has managed to paint a half decent picture of whats gone on so far.

Updates to come.

Last edited:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
God that is a lovely car!! Not many with that low mileage and in such good condition. Even the bonnet doesnt appear to have any dents from people pushing it closed. Stunning car, really is.
Exhaust trims could perhaps do with your wrapping and sorting the alignment of the exhaust.

Renault Clio 182
God that is a lovely car!! Not many with that low mileage and in such good condition. Even the bonnet doesnt appear to have any dents from people pushing it closed. Stunning car, really is.
Exhaust trims could perhaps do with your wrapping and sorting the alignment of the exhaust.
Thanks Gus! It's credit to the previous owners for its condition, I'm just trying to keep it in good nick but using it as a daily could prove difficult, fingers crossed! :/

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It's tidy bg's like this that made me want one. I still do cos mine looks terrible up close[emoji1]. Keep it clean and it'll look very smart with a little drop in ride height and some spacers.
FYI there's a pretty comprehensive thread regarding spacers somewhere which will tell you what size is best with each clio wheel.

Renault Clio 182
It's tidy bg's like this that made me want one. I still do cos mine looks terrible up close[emoji1]. Keep it clean and it'll look very smart with a little drop in ride height and some spacers.
FYI there's a pretty comprehensive thread regarding spacers somewhere which will tell you what size is best with each clio wheel.
They're a right ballache to keep clean but it's well worth it when they are. Thanks for the heads up on the spacer thread, I'll be sure to check that out :up: