ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering at biting point on the clutch.

02 Clio 172
All of a sudden I've got this juddering when I'm pulling away or changing gear at low speeds. It's just started out of the blue and I really don't like driving it like this. Anyone know what I've done and what I can do to sort it. Cheers

My car started juddering when pulling away in first. Mine turned out to be the gearbox mount and a new one cured my issue

02 Clio 172
What mileage is it on? Its probably the clutch itself i.e needs a new clutch kit, might be the release bearing or something?

Just clicked onto 68k. Is that something that could happen out of the blue? It was perfect until this morning!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
My car did something similar, hard to explain but it kind of juddered/jerked forward. Tightened the rear bolt on the dogbone mount by about 1/4 of a turn and it fixed it.

02 Clio 172
My car started juddering when pulling away in first. Mine turned out to be the gearbox mount and a new one cured my issue

It happens in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Once moving at over 30 it's fine??? All my mounts seem to be fine, no unusual movements or anything. Really don't need this right now!

02 Clio 172
Just a quick thought. Yesterday I did an oil and filter change. I managed to over fill the oil, but I realised this quite quickly and drained out the excess. But it did start smoking and a rattle from the exhaust on the test run down the road. That all stopped once I'd drained the sump. its starts and runs lovely by the way. Would that have anything to do with it?

Clio 182 FF
I've got the same problem! Feels like a mount problem. Not sure if you have the same but when I change gear it doesn't feel tight on the bite point, would of thought its probably a dog mount issue? Going to get one of these 'Black edition' powerflex bushes for it soon :). I'll let you know.

02 Clio 172
I'm Powerflex'd up at the front, including the Dog Bone.

Im not so sure it's the clutch right now. It's weird. I went out to run an errand about 6 tonight. The car had been sat for 4.5hrs. Started and drive absolutely fine. Got to my destination about 4 miles away and as I stopped and reversed into a space it juddered again and then again after I started off again back home. I'm really confused. Any thoughts peeps???