ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juke-R + Street Race

Being as its a Nissan sponsored day Id recon the driver might have had some more help or least the course better suited to the car than the other supercars.

Clio 1.2 16v
I personally would put it down to the car suiting that track better. Appeared in the video to slide around the bends better than the rest. Also am I the only one who thinks it actually looks quite good? The look of the juke has massively grown on me.

i've got massive respect for this car and the engineers that created it makes you be proud to think it was bodged together in england,

and the out come is a crossover that pretty much d!cks some of the most expensive supercars,

i was excited about this when it was in development its EPIC now, but when i watch that video it looks like a pig to drive that fast hands flailing around but cant imaging how much fun it would be to have a go

LY R27
IIRC that juke has been tuned by nissan themselves, the only part of that that is juke is the shell, the rest is from a GTR?

there was a long build thread on PistonHeads a few months ago

(may still be on there)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC that juke has been tuned by nissan themselves, the only part of that that is juke is the shell, the rest is from a GTR?

there was a long build thread on PistonHeads a few months ago

(may still be on there)

Yeah the shell is just the Juke. The running gear, computer electronics is all R35 GTR that has been tweaking amazingly

top of the pyramid
I rekon on a real track it would get pissed on by the others, all the corners look to be 90 degrees

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Flol. That's the car equivalent of Nora Batty with the assets of a pole-dancer under her apron.

The Puke-r is epic however, for the fact that it even exists. Hat's off to the engineers for even attempting it. But I would much, MUCH prefer to have a standard GTR....

D.

E30 318iS x2
They were using it as the course car at the 24hr race. Had a good look round one that was parked in scruteneering, under the bonnet looked proper factory (was expecting it to look a little thrown in). Their ugly as f**k but the 'R' is so bonkers, I think the looks suit it in this case.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
theirs a video on youtube somewhere showing how it was getting modified/built.

duke shell married to a shortened wheel base gtr. new drive shaft/prop shaft ect had to cnc'd to fit.

iirc the cage is their because of its bus like appeal of steering....

TT QS
Lets be honest on a small track like that you aren't going to go full tilt in a Lambo or Ferrari just incase

The jukes fast but id like to see it on a proper track with run offs etc

Cool car.... BUT, a pointless marketing exercise in my opinion. Unless it is running silly silly silly power there is no way that boat could out handle any of those around a track.

The course is suited to the Juke and as said, its a short wheelbase GTR, so pretty agile I should imagine!

Ph2 Clio 172
Its clearly a Juke R marketing video.

But, does that matter? Nissan still helped create a totally bonkers Juke, so they deserve credit for that at least, especially given the tree hugging hippy crap nature of most car makers nowadays.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That must be a good 600bhp to make a meal of those other cars.

Looks quite funky...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd bet that the supercars were running the cheapest tyres Nissan could find, and the Juke was on slicks or similar.

I like the Juke-R, but not the normal one.

Love it, I would hazard a guess that this has given Nissan, the Juke and the GTR more exposure per pound than signing up a factory team in some national race series.

Things like the Clio V6 will never happen again, so it's nice to see one-offs like this still cropping up occasionally.