ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just a quick question about touareg V10 and ML63 amg

Renaultsport Clio 197
friend just bought a highly tuned touareg V10 and SWEARS he's driven it 185+ mph (over 300 km/h) and was accompanied by a (also tuned) ML63 amg who followed him at the same speeds.
This was done on the auto-bahn.
Is there any way that a V10 and ML63 amg can reach those speeds.
On paper they do max 140/150 mph.
Even with exhaust, remap and few other mods, I don't think it's possible.

!?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
why is he talking out his ass?? it has the torque and the power to do it... only thing stopping it is the limiter and gear box... ive seen a ford f150 do 160+

BMW M3
The new R8 Diesel has a V12 500 bhp and 1000 nm of torque.... and is very slippery and can only manage 10 mph more top speed. Something doesnt add up there.

I think he's taking shight

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
why is he talking out his ass?? it has the torque and the power to do it... only thing stopping it is the limiter and gear box... ive seen a ford f150 do 160+

There is a big difference between 160+ and 185+ mate,And that lighting probably puts out 500 hp with a pulley change thats 140 more than a remapped v10 to start with! Brabus done an ML73 with nigh on 750 bhp and that done 185-190mph, cd factor is a big player in this equation, cant recall the phrase but how much more power would it take for a Veyron to top 300mph, another 1000hp on top , so yes the guy is talking out of his ass;)

BMW M3
Yeah, the faster you go... especially into those sorts of speeds, the more power you need to fight the wind resistance.

what is he using to meausre his speed?

if its just his speedo i wouldn't trust it because they always over read slightly, and when u get to speeds of 150, the over reading factor is gonna be bigger.

I think its possible,.

I have a 6.1 litre Hemi V8 in my Grand Cherokee SRT-8 and it will 100% do 160mph with EASE.

425bhp and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds.