ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a quick tyre question

Blue Clio 182
I have currently got 2 new PE2's on the back and i'm getting 2 for the front this weekend,(couldnt afford 4 before xmas) , the size is 205/45/16 and they scrape on the back, just wondering if i could get smaller/thinner tyres for the back and have the 205/45's on the front!! or do they need to be the same size?? :S

Nope, as long as they match on each axle you can run different sizes.

Be aware that the front may have more grip than the rear though with the setup you are suggesting, which could give, er, 'interesting' handling in the wet...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I wouldn't personally . I'd stick with the 205's myself . I'd be asking the question . " Why are they scraping " ? Has it been lowered , wrong offset wheels ??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The 182 wheels have a higher offset so they sit further into the arch . You need some spacers to bring the wheel out slightly . That should solve the problem .

Blue Clio 182
So would you go for spacers then rather than 195's?? do you know what spacers i need?? sorry i'm not good with stuff like this!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
i've never used spacers so i'm not that clued up on em tbh . You'll need something like 5mm .

Put a post up about " what spacers " and you might get a bit more help . I'm sure there will be a few others on here that will have encountered the same problem and have more info about it .