ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a refresher...

LY 200

Excellent mate only ones opinion though!!!

I have a different opinion..........It would have gone summin like Honda Civic Type R is declared....................;)

But it hasnt been has it? :cool: Not by the magazine that counts at least? The CTR is a great car, but in my experience when the engine note gets boring, the car is largely unrewarding and the steering is dull as dishwater in comprison to the Clio. Its a better car but it sure aint more fun to drive and it sure isnt better value. Anyway the picture was just for fun :)

LY 200

Umm like i said only ones opinion!!!

How and by who did it get voted? Readers or the EVO commitee?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT

Just out of interest, and at the risk of being a nerd, wasnt it the 182 with the Cup suspension pack fitted that got that honour and not the 182 Cup (if you see what i mean)?

Quote: Originally posted by NickN182 on 16 June 2005Just out of interest, and at the risk of being a nerd,  wasnt it the 182 with the Cup suspension pack fitted that got that honour and not the 182 Cup (if you see what i mean)?

Not sure mate, I know Autocar did some tests in the Cup, but theyre the same car anyway so it doesnt really matter. If the 182Cup is voted x, then the 182 with Cup packs should be x +1...-1 for being slower :p ;)

LY 200

Lol OK newms, even if its not your choice in car its still a very hot hatch, FACT!!!

Takin nout away from the 182 but im just intrested to know who voted it!!!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 16 June 2005

Lol OK newms, even if its not your choice in car its still a very hot hatch, FACT!!!

Takin nout away from the 182 but im just intrested to know who voted it!!!
imo a hot hatch is a small car........ and the Honda isnt a small car, i love the Type Rs! But in a higher league, ie the megane RS and focus

LY 200

^^^Cool

I thought you were one of these 172/182 boys whol have nout good said about a great car like the CTR thats all!!!

VaVa

lol @ fred....

On a one man mission to slam every car in the world. Cliosports very own coilover evangelist.

I know what you mean though dude. My car looks like an off roader sometimes...

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 17 June 2005 at 12:20am]

Ive got those piccies for you to have a butchers at, Ill sort them out in a bit...

Lee

BMW M2C

Id love to have mine slammed like that. Id never have to go to work as Id never be able to even get out of my own f*****g garage or off the drive without grounding. And god forbid trying to get into the car park at work. Id have no front bumper.

No one has forgotten about the Williams Tiger, this thread just happens to be about the 182!

VaVa

lol... I think hes makimg reference to the fact that "Best Hot Hatch Ever" is a title the Williams used be second in, behind the 205 Gti. And now its third.

Quote: Originally posted by Tiger on 17 June 2005

williams is almost fn extinct on this site! :(
lol, thats a good thing, well have even more Williams on our stand next year at FCS :D;):D

lol @ best hatch ever, a low mile williams is easily as fast in a straight line and has more natural balance and finesse. the realists who have compared in the north west meets have realised this a long time ago kids http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 17 June 2005

lol, thats a good thing, well have even more Williams on our stand next year at FCS :D;):D

lol @ best hatch ever, a low mile williams is easily as fast in a straight line and has more natural balance and finesse. the realists who have compared in the north west meets have realised this a long time ago kids http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif
lol... so it must be true because a few Northern monkees have said so. A far more valued opinion than a team consisting of motoring journalists and ex racing car drivers. Eh, sunshine?;)

LY 200

decent condition low mile one easily, once in third it will pull back what it loses on the 2nd to 3rd change.
Intresting!!!

Iv got a 45ker going into my valver as we speak.........Now wheres them southern 182s!!!;)

depends whos shagged car they get to pilot really wise owl. dont need to be a race driver to go quick in straigh line comparisons, as for handling its all subjective, but feel has more benifit to an average driver.

VaVa

According those splendid Clio driving gemtlemen of the North, the Hybrids are usually faster than a standard Willy....

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 17 June 2005

lol... I think hes makimg reference to the fact that "Best Hot Hatch Ever" is a title the Williams used be second in, behind the 205 Gti. And now its third.
im sure the willy came b4 the gti in evo mag?................correct me if m wrong tho, anyway who says whoa theres a 182 cup!!!!! when it drives by......... ;)

sorry but i just hate the things, the 172 cup was alot nicer imo but still not as nice as a williams lol

yup, the hybrids do seem to be quicker, but mostly its down to using low mile engines usually megane bottom ends... winstons is a flying machine, but so was 2 lives std after rebuild and Northys bros is rapid as well. unfortunately my 24k engine only ever ran with cams in so i cant really tell, but it batters 182s and CTRs for fun... but then i suppose it should really...

Yeah whatever mate in your dre...........oops sorry mate didnt see the ;) thought you were being serious there for a mo!

Quote: Originally posted by NickN182 on 16 June 2005

Just out of interest, and at the risk of being a nerd, wasnt it the 182 with the Cup suspension pack fitted that got that honour and not the 182 Cup (if you see what i mean)?
Same car just different seats so both would have won

Lol why does it always have to be a toys out of pram effort when it comes to williams vs 172/182 and why did the williams even have to be brought up :confused:

Williams is a great car and before i bought the 172 i considered a valver or williams but decided against it (for reasons i really cant be bothered to go into) so why cant both parties stop bickering about which is best.

Im sure 10 years ago all the 5 turbo owners were telling the owners of spanking new williams their cars were sh*t and werent hardcore or fast enough etc.

The game moves on cars evolve and bottom line is the 5 turbo, 16v, williams and 172/182 (be it cup or non-cup variant) are all very capable cars that can embaress far more expensive cars out on the road. Why cant people stop nit picking over the performance and handling differences.