ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought myself a New (to me) lens.

Lens I've just bought is...

i009.jpg

NIPPON KOGAKU NIKON NIKKOR-H 2/50 n-AI. It's a pre AI f2 50mm prime. Did a bit of digging and it turns out the D40 is able to mount these without being damaged (unlike anything else like the D60,80,90 and so on). It's my first prime and fast lens, was cheap as chips so thought why not. I enjoy the fact you don't know if the metering is correct until you press the shutter (as when I tried my old Tokina 70-210 today). It's on it's way from Rotterdam, so will take a few days to arrive I'm sure.

Cupra
Have fun with it. A mate of mine only uses old nikor manual lenses on his D700, some are worth a fortune which really surprised me. Look forward to seeing some if your shots with it.

It's arrived. First impressions, shutter mechs are very quiet (read well engineered), aperture dial clicks into place nicely too. Can't believe how much light gets in there at f2! I did a quick test shot into the fish tank. To use a shutter speed of 100, I used to have the kit lens wide open and use ISO 800. I can have this wide open and use ISO 200. It's just madness, and is going to be a welcome addition to the kit bag.

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Does your F1.8? have autofocus or not? Im debating whether to get one, but i dont want to focus manually!!

I'd love to get an old school lens like this. Its amazing how much difference a few stops of aperture makes isnt it!