ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got home from NY...

SchwepTek™
...and dived straight or the photos.....

Took over 1000 and so here's a few that caught my eye!

They havent really had any processing done at all yet, but the trip was awesome as was the weather. Really wish i was still there tbh!

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Weather looks awesome and your pictures are superb mate, was thinking of you the other day as we just booked 6 days there in February next year, can't wait.

Amazing how limited the view is from the Empire State Building is in the Summer due to the haze (in all pics, not just yours), in the winter months you can see several states.

Where did you go/what did you do anyway? Did you get to go up The Top of the Rock?

SchwepTek™
Weather looks awesome and your pictures are superb mate, was thinking of you the other day as we just booked 6 days there in February next year, can't wait.

Amazing how limited the view is from the Empire State Building is in the Summer due to the haze (in all pics, not just yours), in the winter months you can see several states.

Where did you go/what did you do anyway? Did you get to go up The Top of the Rock?

The weather really was fantastic. 90+ every day. Its horrible coming home to this rain! :(

We went up the Empire State Building on the 1st evening and stayed up there until it was dark so i did get lots of different pics but as you say, it was quite hazy.

We did go inside the Rock but decided against going up it due to time limitations, etc. Think we saw just about everything else though although I did want to walk along Brooklyn Bridge. We did the boat trip to Liberty Island and then to Ellis Island which i thought was very good. Ground zero was very moving too and the memorial inside the Ellis Island museum showed the view of where the twin towers used to be with a photo just in front of how it used to look!

some nice photos there. did you take any of the lobby of the Chrysler Building? that's the only place i missed off my list when i went (got there too late in the day) and someone had especially asked me for photos:rolleyes:

SchwepTek™
what kit you using mate? Great pics!

Only using a Canon 400d with 17-85mm IS lens. First time i've been out with it and have to say that compared to the kit lens, it is miles ahead.

Really wish i had a tripod for the night shots though but IS did help ALOT!

SchwepTek™
some nice photos there. did you take any of the lobby of the Chrysler Building? that's the only place i missed off my list when i went (got there too late in the day) and someone had especially asked me for photos:rolleyes:

Not sure LOL! I shall have a look!

dk

911 GTS Cab
nice pics but whats with all this diamond shaped framing people seem to be doing, not sure if its just me but I really do find it annoying, like its trying too hard to look like something its not, i have to tilt me head to look at the pics properly. Like I said, might just be me but i'm not a fan of those types of photos, its funny though, i only seem to see them mostly on here, is it a CS thing that someone started doing it and people copied or is it actually a common style of framing?

nice pics but whats with all this diamond shaped framing people seem to be doing, not sure if its just me but I really do find it annoying, like its trying too hard to look like something its not, i have to tilt me head to look at the pics properly. Like I said, might just be me but i'm not a fan of those types of photos, its funny though, i only seem to see them mostly on here, is it a CS thing that someone started doing it and people copied or is it actually a common style of framing?

I think it can be seriously overdone, but it works really well in schwep's first picture I think, especially with the taxi turning.

I'm not so keen on the heavily tilted Times Square shot, still a very nice photo though.

SchwepTek™

LOL i've always taken pics like that. I just find it boring trawling through pages and pages of "straight photos" lol so the odd ones i turn a bit! :)

FF Blackgold 182

I think it can be seriously overdone, but it works really well in schwep's first picture I think, especially with the taxi turning.

I'm not so keen on the heavily tilted Times Square shot, still a very nice photo though.

Great photos Andy! :cool: It is on my to do list to go to NY one day. :) As Chris said, I think it works very well with the first shot too. At the end of the day composition rules can be broken and no one says you have to use the rule of thirds etc. I take car shots like that sometimes, but iirc, I haven't taken many, if any, landscape shots using that framing technique. Good job Schwepp!

SchwepTek™

Great photos Andy! :cool: It is on my to do list to go to NY one day. :) As Chris said, I think it works very well with the first shot too. At the end of the day composition rules can be broken and no one says you have to use the rule of thirds etc. I take car shots like that sometimes, but iirc, I haven't taken many, if any, landscape shots using that framing technique. Good job Schwepp!

Cheers Steve! Hopefully we'll have some time for a few shots tomorrow if the rain ever stops!!! I take it I am seeing you ALL weekend? ;)

2008 Albi 197
Some great pics there bud!

M&M world is amazing, did you get on the Staten Island ferry then? Never got to go to Ellis/Liberty Island as the queue to get over there was 3+ hours so we gave it a miss. Shame you didn't get to do top of the rock, the view of central park is immense

What do you use to edit your photos btw?

Blueprinted 172 Ph1
my neck hurts!! lol
wicked pics mate, when we goin?
p.s come into town tonight u lightweight! ;)

SchwepTek™
Some great pics there bud!

M&M world is amazing, did you get on the Staten Island ferry then? Never got to go to Ellis/Liberty Island as the queue to get over there was 3+ hours so we gave it a miss. Shame you didn't get to do top of the rock, the view of central park is immense

What do you use to edit your photos btw?

I've got a Mac so i use iPhoto to edit and then Photoshop to do creative stuff. But havent used photoshop in any of these ones. The border and copyright is done with a program called Downsize.

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
my neck hurts!! lol
wicked pics mate, when we goin? and taking max with us?
p.s come into town tonight u lightweight! ;)

Looks like a great trip mate really want to go!!!!

Cracking pics from you...once again!