ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just listen to this!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
[youtube]PdexiUiBHdo[/youtube]

rotary power! 4 rotor, sounds like a bike lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
thats a custom made one off engine, its a 4 rotor, wasnt ever produced in a road car, its got huge peripheral ports and its n/a not turbo... i would love one lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i love the sound of it :) propper set up for handling too lol! bet its faster than your lambo aswell lol! :p

Being honest, I don't care. It could be Veyron fast and it still wouldn't interest me anymore than it does!

No need to take offense just because I don't like the noise it makes ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Sounds awesome, might be putting one in the Elise next year, its suprising how cheap they are.

quad rotor?? or a tripple?

what sort of spec and power you looking for?? an elise with a wankel in it would be ALOT of fun!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
why when a wankel is basically a foot square in size and can produce 700bhp easy? its lighter easier to balance the car and revs to 9k easy... they have hardly any enertia and rev up and down quicker than any v8 would...

ST
LAWL...actually taking a dig at Juzzy's slit wagon whilst defending a 90's Jap car that sounds like a bike, my my..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LAWL...actually taking a dig at Juzzy's slit wagon whilst defending a 90's Jap car that sounds like a bike, my my..

it wasnt a dig, we werent saying which car could get more slit, i said the rex sounds nice and is prob faster than a lambo... how is that a dig lol...

MCS R56
why when a w**kel is basically a foot square in size and can produce 700bhp easy? its lighter easier to balance the car and revs to 9k easy... they have hardly any enertia and rev up and down quicker than any v8 would...

In terms of sound.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
why when a w**kel is basically a foot square in size and can produce 700bhp easy? its lighter easier to balance the car and revs to 9k easy... they have hardly any enertia and rev up and down quicker than any v8 would...
Noise, torque, potential of MUCH more power than any rotary engine. Only downside is stock power per litre is poor and they can be heavy.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Noise, torque, potential of MUCH more power than any rotary engine. Only downside is stock power per litre is poor and they can be heavy.

think your wrong... that 4 rotor is running 500whp and 500ftlb torque... that N/A too no turbo... mazda also did pretty well in lemans with a 4 rotor... plus there are cars like james wildays who is running the fastest road legal rx7... for something with less power and torque than a v8 he is doing 1/4 miles in less than 10seconds! with only 600bhp from a rotary....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
keep your godzilla i will still have wankel!

[youtube]0uWPf5aVyUE[/youtube]

Mustang, S13, AX GT
think your wrong... that 4 rotor is running 500whp and 500ftlb torque... that N/A too no turbo... mazda also did pretty well in lemans with a 4 rotor... plus there are cars like james wildays who is running the fastest road legal rx7... for something with less power and torque than a v8 he is doing 1/4 miles in less than 10seconds! with only 600bhp from a rotary....
drag strip is obviously about the weight aswell which i mentioned. I admit, I didn't realise the 4 rotor was chucking that out, thats quite impressive tbh. What I meant was that some V8s are perfectly capable of 2000hp+ on road fuel. As a stock motor, for the size of them the power output is poor, and jap wins but ultimately once you start spending the money you'll get more power from a V8. This has been proven so far, the highest tuned supra's and skylines are throwing out 1000-1400hp max, that I've seen anyway. I've never heard of a w**kel hitting much over 600 but never looked into that. I've known big blocks tuned to 1500hp happily and heard of hemi's hitting close to 2000hp! No replacement for displacement ;)

I also think a V8 is the best engine noise in the entire history of the world ever ever ever, closely followed by a V10...

[youtube]KPc7nyZiGds[/youtube]

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there are twin wankels running 700-850bhp easy, there are tripples running 900+ easy and that 4 rotor is running 500whp just ok porting alone no turbo or nothing! stick a big blower on it and they think they will get 1200bhp on pump fuel!

i agree v8's can get HUGE power but at the cost of weight lol, i mean you get can crate big blocks pushing 680bhp out the box...

that 4 rotor sounds like a f1 car lol!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I know, theres always a trade off though tbh. I love jap crap (see my profile lol) but still if I had a choice of engine a V8 would win for raw power everytime. I wont put one in the S13 because I want it to handle but if I just wanted pure straight line speed a crate engine would be straight in there :D