ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just thinking-Resprays??

Weeman sucks ****
Thinking about the bodywork that needs to be done my cup, it's probably going to cost a bit as there will be a bit of paintwork being done.

Firstly, how much do full resprays cost and would plain old white be cheaper than mondial blue?

Imagine a white cup, just how they should be...on H&R's and with a loud pipe out of the back.

For it to be done white I think it has to be fully stripped down as white such a light colour so you need more coats.
Would look great in white though.
Might be worth asking Yozza his Cup was resprayed.

Weeman sucks ****
exaclty, it's finding somewhere to do a good job though.

just looking through the latest evo and they've had their new carrera GT resprayed for £9000...wtf!

clio 16v
Where are you based?? esquisite did all the work on mine, they are based near guildford. top notch work, and very anal when it comes to detail. if you want there number, just ask!

Punto/Clio GTT
will be cheaper than you think. white is high solid, meaning you can just use 2k paint without laquering. 3/4 litres of diamond white or glacier white should be enough once its thinned and hardenened. plus it'll cover practically anything apart from a high solid red which would need to be painted black first or green then white.

i reckon a small bodyshop would do it for 1k-1.5k if they have the people knoledgeable to take out an engine.
i reckon a big bodyshop will be looking for 2.5-3k, mainly down to the amount of hours that will be spent on it.

106 GTi
What prep would be involved to paint white over blue? Would it need to go back to bare metal to avoid blue stone chips showing through?

Punto/Clio GTT
you pay for what you get really, most places would just sand it down and paint over the dull blue. itd be a damn big stone chip to get through the 2/3 layers of high solid 2k. if you got the money have a bare metal respray done, but i reckon your lookin at 3k starters. every panel would need to be nitromorsed or something similar, scraped off, treated, etch primed/2k, prepped then colour.

myself ide just paint over the blue or maybe ask them to sand down the bonnet to bare metal and bumper too for an extra 75 quid or so. that would get rid of the blue stone chip problem i spose

BMW Z4 3.0i
A place near me who I've used for minor stuff quoted me £1500 for a respray in the same colour. It sounded like they'd do a better job than my original renault paint job though.

Might be worth asking how much stripping the car will reduce the price. You're capable of pulling the interior out and trim parts etc off arent you Chris? Any labour saved is going to cut the costs.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
stoddie said:
yeah i was quoted 1500 for the same colour, this was just exterior though....

Off the subject but............
Good choice of wheels fella, rs-s very nice wheels indeed.