ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JVC SH909 Head Unit

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 19 November 2002

jvc units are not good

they may look nice but they suck
Not the SH99 or SH909.

They are both absolutely brilliant headunits (on par with £400 / £500 alpine headunits).

Its also got a 24Bit DAC... which means the cd sound quality is superb! (not many headunits at this price have this feature)

If you go to talk audio... you can see many people with big sq installs and in ownership of the sh909 headunit to go with their £1000 amps etc.

Patrick

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the silver jvc units still cannot compete with alpine for sound

i must chip my bit in i got the SH55R as mentioned above and its awsome! im well pleased with it.

If you read Total Car Audios Last issue OCT/NOV02 the SH909R wins best head unit under 450 pound hands down against an Alpine CDA78944rb which costs £450, A kenwood PSW9521 which is also £450 and a pioneer DEH7400MP which is £379. and the JVC is £50 cheaper bargain!!!;)

Well there we have the experts at TCA have spoken!!!

And i didnt buy mine because it looked nice eithier i bought it for the features and quality of playback it offers!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the alpine unit is £349

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.cel-direct.com/http://www.cel-direct.com/

and is compatible with OE Steeing wheel remote interfaces

i use to have a cd/md unit (1din) it was superb but it clipped like crazy a high volume. the alpine units have a higher output and higher pre out voltage

there range of adjustment is far better and the Ai-net interface allows extas to be added :

DAB*
Dvd changer
Dsp
Dolby pro logic
Dolby Digital
Phone
*jvc do offer dab too

Thanks people, I believe the KD-SH909 is the best buy for what its worth, everyone know the Alpine is better but it also cost an arm and a leg, the JVC has 6 channel RCA outs, 24 bit DAC, 4V signal out, MP3...etc... etc, and it only costed me HK$2080. Im putting it in on the weekend and cant wait!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

oh you live in HK sorry mate didnt know

have fun

(they aint that bad !! went to jvc to see what the fuss was about- quite nice sound)

jvc are alright, but different people have different requirements.

Im now going to go stroke my pioneer 7400, mp3 player:)

I must admit, I wouldnt buy anything other than pioneer or alpine. My mate has the alpine mp3 player and Im pretty impressed with that. I prefer the pioneer on looks alone to be honest, looks mint in the clio!

Dont get me wrong, I love Alpine, but I needed a silver face HU because I drive a MK1 and the dash is silver where the HU goes. and the JVC was a bargin @ half the price of the Alpine!