ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K & N or pipercross

Is that for noise, performance, looks, price or...?

I have the same dilemma. Anyone who has either type and can advise on the above features, I would be grateful.

H22A7 Accord Type R

i want a K&N for mine, but with the K-TEC relocation pipe, but you need the Pipercross Adapter plate lol.......what a bugger!

This is one I deffinately should b able to help with...I work for halfords and have been on both suppliers trainin days so Ive had the good and the bad points from both sides!

1. To be honest K+N do have a better build quality and will last a lot longer than the pipercross (however will u keep the car that long!)

2. K+N have a better inital flow rate than the pipercross however over time in dusty environments the pipercross will maintain its efficiency as where K+Ns efficiency will drop below the level of pipercrosss.

3. Sound wise, K+N is snorty as where pipercrosss is more deep sucky ;)

so there u are u can make ur own decision based on wot u want!

pipercrosses viper induction kit is enclosed, so sound isnt as good, but from what ive read it gives the best gains, and looks the mutts nuts.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dont you have one?

i read in a previous post you did

the pipercross kit is about £75 and about £115 with the k tec pipe

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its not too bad money wise either

(just dont put it on in the winter- this flooding doesnt work well with engines

Yes, though i bought it second hand. I think theyre more than that..over 200! Unless you mean the normal filter?

Tom- Have you seen the engine cover on the example pic on the website, do you think thats just been painted or do you know if K-tec do theyre own covers?

-Rob

my mate just got a piper x filter 4 his and it aint that loud and its a crap fit so we had to adapt it and we changed the filter to a green one and its alot better , this must be a common thing with piper x filters coz i got 1 for my ibiza and its a sh*t fit 2

H22A7 Accord Type R

Does the relocation pipe give it a better noise than the Pipercross As standard Steve? I only intend on getting the Induction kit if i get the car chipped, to ensure all is set-up properly! Induction kit, Exhaust, Optimax, what ya think that would chip up to?? Be a pretty good 1.2 dont u think????

Well there are chips out there that say they give 11bhp.... i posted it somewhere else on this forum. I dont think it sounds any different... well im not sure i have only used it with the pipe. But it brings the filter down to cold air which is a must. just remember to remove the plastic bit!

H22A7 Accord Type R

my plastic bit is already butchered anyway! I have a larger cold air feed pipe in it going into the standard air box, so that it gets air rammed into it, rather than sucking it from behind the light. As for 11bhp, i remember reading it, but i cant see that from a chip lol! maybe 5, dont kno what it would be like wi the induction kit n exhaust set up to run on optimax. should be good