ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC Coilovers - Good option?

Renault Clio 182
Hi, I have a poverty spec 182 with the 54mm hubs. I am in the process of turning it into a fast road/track car for next year. I am concentrating on safety, handling and braking performance for now so I can get used to the car.
The non cup shocks and springs are not suitable for what I want to use the car for so I am considering coilovers. My budget is not huge so I was considering getting the K-TEC coilovers as they seem to be a decent price. Would anyone recommend these coilovers for an novice track day enthusiast? or would I be better off spending a bit more and waiting for a second hand higher end coilover coming up for sale?
Thanks

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Its a road kit so I think you will find it too soft - much like a set of springs and dampers.
Look at the GAZ GHA as an entry level. Save up an extra month but I think you will benefit more.

Renault Clio 182
To be honest you’ll have more second hand options with 54mm spacing, I haven’t used Ktec CO’s but I seem to remember them being coined as pretty meh!
I have read similar reviews, I will look out for an alternative then! Thanks for your response.

Renault Clio 182
Its a road kit so I think you will find it too soft - much like a set of springs and dampers.
Look at the GAZ GHA as an entry level. Save up an extra month but I think you will benefit more.
Oh really? I will look at GAZ GHA and maybe consider aiming a bit higher for a better set of coilovers then. Thanks for your response Kev (y)

Rusty Cup
Ive had Gaz GHA's and they were perfectly fine. I now run KW v2's which are an order of magnitude better in terms of damping and ride quality. I wouldnt ever suggest buying Ktec's coilovers you will very quickly regret doing so. definitely wait or save for something better, you really do get what you pay for with suspension. BC coilovers get good reviews and might be worth a look.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I had BC's on my Cup fast road/track car. Excellent shocks. Adjustable damping front and rear. Adjustable height on front and adjustable platforms for rear shocks. Perfect adjustment for road use, wet and dry track days.

Renault Clio 182
Ive had Gaz GHA's and they were perfectly fine. I now run KW v2's which are an order of magnitude better in terms of damping and ride quality. I wouldnt ever suggest buying Ktec's coilovers you will very quickly regret doing so. definitely wait or save for something better, you really do get what you pay for with suspension. BC coilovers get good reviews and might be worth a look.
Thanks for your response! I'm glad I asked the question now as all the feedback seems to be pointing the same way! I'll look out for Gaz and BC coilovers to see if any come up second hand 👍

KTec ones are just rebranded Raceland coilovers. I’d spend the extra money personally, unless you purely want them for lows and aren’t worried about handling

Renault Clio 182
I had BC's on my Cup fast road/track car. Excellent shocks. Adjustable damping front and rear. Adjustable height on front and adjustable platforms for rear shocks. Perfect adjustment for road use, wet and dry track days.
Thanks for your response! The BCs do sound good for what I will be using the car for 👍

Renault Clio 182
KTec ones are just rebranded Raceland coilovers. I’d spend the extra money personally, unless you purely want them for lows and aren’t worried about handling
Thanks, tbh when I first saw that they were 'KTEC' coilovers I had high hopes as they seem like one of the go to companies for Renualt sport products, they seem to be great for everything else I suppose except these coilovers 😕

Renault Clio 182
Will phase 1 172 GAZ coilovers for my phase 2 182.
They have 54mm fitment but unsure if the rear shock mounting will be the same etc?
Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks for your response! I'm glad I asked the question now as all the feedback seems to be pointing the same way! I'll look out for Gaz and BC coilovers to see if any come up second hand 👍
There’s a really clean set just come up for £350 on Facebook market place. 54mm fitment.

0D5BC46D-98D8-451C-B9A7-57908DF54C9C.png