ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec Exhaust too loud!

FF RB 182
The car i've just got came with a 'k tec exhaust system' as stated in the manifold, this is just a cat back from looking under the car, i'm guessing if the cats on these is underneath the car not in the manifold, as its all mild steel from cat to mani.

It sounds ok but is a bit too loud, what other systems are available for the 182 which are pretty quiet under 4k revs but can open it up and still get a good sound , I used to have a full miltek system on my Fiesta and you could keep it pretty quiet changing gear low in the revs, but the clio is just f**king loud.

Milltek. 2 backboxes and a centre silencer - mine's decatted too and it's still not what I'd class as loud. Sounds brilliant when you open it up and just a bit louder than standard when driving around.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
sounds like it's decatted. That makes a huge difference. Also, there's a a center silencer option available which you may not have that makes quite a difference. I'd put a cat on it personally.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I liked my Milltek. Any Ktec will boom, they all do tbh. My suggestion would be Milltek, or maybe a Scorpion RS192, they are not too bad also. If looking for near o.e sound, nothing comes close to the original unfortunately

FF RB 182
The cat is on the car for sure, unless its been attacked by a pikey and they smashed the cat out, and yeah theres no silencer just straight through.

I may have a listen to the milteks on youtube, never had a problem with the one on my fiesta build quality was very good.

Are the ktecs popular? As would swap it for another system or something.

My Milltek sounds raspy from outside but completely different when driving. I'll link you to my Youtube videos when I get home.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
stick with the k-tec! put a centre silncer on it! ring up k-tec do buy a whole new system are you mad?? mine with centre silencer and de-cat makes no noise below 2.5k only is noisy when you boot it...

FF RB 182
I was thinking of putting a silencer in it for £40.. but i prefer the style of the miltek tips and the sound of it... If i could get a over half the money for the ktec towards a new Miltek i'd buy a miltek then sell the k tec.. but i don't know how much it's worth.