ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec sports cat

renault clio sport 172cup
hi there im thinking of gettin the k-tec sports cat. it says it comes with the lambda sensors but may cause the engine warning light to come on has anyone/no off anyone whos had this problem? will i have to have a re-map or will i get away with it? i have the k-tec stealth 2 on at the mo just lookin 4 a bit more noise and a bit more power! :)

cheers andy

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi, i bought the ktech sports cat, can't say i noticed much in the way of power gain or difference in exhaust note, didn't come with lamda sensors, it is well made and iv had no problems, engine light comes on sometimes if you are at the lights for a while but soon goes out. My car is standard and hasn't been mapped. it is a good product, i would recommend it.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Andy, the sports cat comes outlets for the lambda sensors to be fitted into. It also states that yor engine light may come on if you fit a decat and not the sports cat.

I hope this helps.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi, i bought the ktech sports cat, can't say i noticed much in the way of power gain or difference in exhaust note, didn't come with lamda sensors, it is well made and iv had no problems, engine light comes on sometimes if you are at the lights for a while but soon goes out. My car is standard and hasn't been mapped. it is a good product, i would recommend it.

We are seeing more and more cars that need new lambda sensors so if the light does continue to come on I would look at changing them.

David.

would a re-map help? my friend has a 182 and has the de cat is this a better option i no its a pain in the arse for mots

cheers andy

RS RIP
the 182 is supposably easy to change , the 172 a bit more difficult. Remap is best when exhaust is done
I'm going for a decat soon. Oh well, once a year pain in the ass i can handle i think

^you have to rev the car above 3k kully mate ;)

lol .

obviously you've seen me drive .

.......... also the 182 manifold and remap still hasn't effected the problems , it passed the mot in december with no problems with emissions :lolup:

Clio 172 mk2
I put a K-tec sports cat (Janspeed) on my 172 and the light did come on but only after about 6 months or so.

Had the fault cleared at Rentech back in October and it's still off

cheers guys. ill have a look on the bay now. altho got my service soon :( so money cud be tight........time 2 get the over time in :)