ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K850i Advice / Problems - Maybe the Gunn can help?

All,

My Phone - 2 months old with 2Gb card in it
My Temper - fraying

I upgraded to the k850i when I was able to have an upgrade on my work phone. I kept my k810i as my work phone and upgraded my "social" k810i to the k850 as it has the 5Mp camera and seemed a lot more sensible to take it out with us on the pop as that is when we take most of our pictures.

The problems:

- Phone crashes when trying to switch from take picture mode to view pictures
- When trying to view pictures through media viewer - it says that there are no files on the card
- When viewing through file manager the pictures taken are there & are on the card
- The camera seems to randomly crash or "hang" when turning on or off from phone mode
- Network connection is bloody dreadful - connection goes from fine to none in random fashion - in strong network areas this happens and it is not re-created by different phones or on our other O2 phones.
- When turning the phone on - it asks to format the memory card?
- AND as of Saturday night - the shutter doesn't open on the camera?

The Attempted solutions:

- Patched to latest Sony update
- Ringing CPW and talking to technical support
- New 2GB memory card

Now, It is likely to be really easy for me to "swap" the phone for a new one / get it repaired - that is not the point as I am fully insured etc. etc.

but... what happens if I get another lemon... are there lots of problems with ALL K850i's or is it an older problem that is now resolved?

Any thoughts/comments welcome (obviously relating to my post - not about the politics/current affairs/Horse Racing Tips)

Thanks,

/y0z

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ok. What firmware you running?

right * left left * left *

Should be R1DA038

I will post up after checking on phone later, but its the one the the latest update put on. I ran the update again yesterday and it said I was up-to-date on the SE updated.

:-(

/y0z

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i'd suggest flashing it with generic SE firmware, its usually more stable than network tampered firmware, plus its updated more often.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I also have problems with it locking out every now and then. The screen goes completely black but it hasn't actually turned off. The Lights also flicker. And the flash is stil out f sync sometimes.

I'm on Orange so there is no update available at the mo, i'm on R1CA037.

Any suggestions?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sounds like generic is the only way forward.

037 is buggy as f**k.

Type da vinci team in google.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
the k850 is like the shittest most unreliable phone ever, i dont know one person without problems with theirs

Tom, I updated via Da Vinci (Generic uk/Blue) and my firmware is R1CA037 which obviously not the latest. SEUS says it is. his there a way to rectify this without having to pay £8 on Davinci again?

Sy

ps: Sorry for just assuming you know the answer but i look to you as the SE help god! lol

Nippy white cup
Well I have a K850 and I have had no problems whatsoever. No hanging, view pictures and vids with no probs...maybe I'm lucky?

Chris

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tom, I updated via Da Vinci (Generic uk/Blue) and my firmware is R1CA037 which obviously not the latest. SEUS says it is. his there a way to rectify this without having to pay £8 on Davinci again?

Sy

ps: Sorry for just assuming you know the answer but i look to you as the SE help god! lol

Yeah this is an issue, for some reason 038 is still not released for Generic1
Its a nordic firmware. stick with it for now.

Sy

Yeah this is an issue, for some reason 038 is still not released for Generic1
Its a nordic firmware. stick with it for now.

Cheers Tom, Will SEUS update it when it has it or i it a caseof another Davinci at a later date?

Sy

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
the only problem i have with my k850i is the shutter not opening when i turn the camera on. very annoying and i'm considering sending it back.

Mine resets itself when i even try to search for a new firmware via the phone or access hotmail on it (i use to be able to access my emails but one day it stopped!?)

the k850 is like the s**ttest most unreliable phone ever, i dont know one person without problems with theirs

mine's faultless... had a small problem but was fixed with the new software update, and was more down to user error lol

Golf R
the down navigational key on mine has got itself stuck in a loop of being stuck down and the touchscreen has stopped working... up until now though mine's been alright. Off to O2 for a repair jobby me thinks

Golf R
you could say that.. switch it off and it's ok for a few mins, then it gets it's knickers in a twist. fun when the down navigational key is a shortcut to your inbox. in a matter of seconds you've sent a blank message lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i've quickly gone off mine. camera is tempremental to say the least. Now the up joystick key is stuck in, but can't scroll up...

i'll be going going back to nokia asap

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Ive lost faith in them now, after the P910i (Still the best phone ive ever had) i feel let down by SE.

Maybe in the future i will go back but nokia/apple interest me most these days.

Golf R
depending on whether i get a replacement or my current phone back, i'll probably stick it on fleabay and stay with the faithful K800i

I've got the same memory card problem, says it's not inserted then on start up asks me to format the memory card, tried to format it then tells me it's failed.

I flashed mine to unbranded uk firmware and to be honest ive not had one single problem. Faultless infact. Only slight tack is when music is on the menu's are slow if im texting....But thats not a problem.

Sy

Mondeo ST TDci
how much difference is there between the branded ones and the un branded ones? mines got orange brandanded stuff on it, but i do like the side menu.

how hard was it to re-flash it?

Easy. Using Davinci (Google Davinci SE).
read through the instructions and the forum and give it a ago. I didnt notice a great deal of difference apart from all the Orange crap i didnt want was replaced with Sony Ericsson.

Theres a new update out today, might not be out from Branded phones but give SEUS a try and see.

Sy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
R1EA031
- Released on EMMA 15/02/08 (Currently a test firmware)

Improvements / Changes
- A Key Response option has been added to Settings -> Sounds & alerts, allowing you to choose Silent", "Click", "Tone" or "Vibration" for the touch keys

Software versions:
EROM: 1200-4341
LCD: 200712121
Camera: 3.7
Videocall camera: 3.0
Content: PA17
Java: 8.2
Text: BB

This firmware is the motherload. Listed as test might be on seus.