ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangoo 1.5dci gearbox compatabity

Desmoben1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 ph2
Folks, is the Kangoo dci box the same that in the 182 - ratios aside? Are the casings identical?

Desmoben1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 ph2
Depends what Kangoo
Ok, maybe I should rephrase the question- What gearbox’s, from which Kangoos (or other models) are compatible with clio 182’s?
On my box I’ve a damaged casing - I have loads of new internals and I want to swap everything incl. seals and bearings over.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Anything JC5 coded is the same mate
Nearly correct. There’s different bearing setups in them and just to make it exciting, there’s no way to tell from numbers alone!

The easiest way to tell is remove the clutch release bearing guide tube and if it comes off as soon as the bolts are out, it’s the later type. If it doesn’t it’s the earlier type of twin taper bearing setup. The casings are 100% NOT interchangeable with the different bearing setups.

And @Desmoben1 your gearbox is the later setup if it’s a 182 jc5 130 gearbox.

Desmoben1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 ph2
Nearly correct. There’s different bearing setups in them and just to make it exciting, there’s no way to tell from numbers alone!

The easiest way to tell is remove the clutch release bearing guide tube and if it comes off as soon as the bolts are out, it’s the later type. If it doesn’t it’s the earlier type of twin taper bearing setup. The casings are 100% NOT interchangeable with the different bearing setups.

Thanks so much 👍

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Because Renault

They dont have make s**t difficult😂