ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kaspersky 2012

LY 182
Anyone know of any good deals going for Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 at the moment?

Cheers!

LY 182
Good question, I have a friend who I installed MSE and AVG on there computer and they still keep getting viruses/spyware (kids clicking anything and everything they see, I suspect) so I wanted a more "potent" program that would provide better safe guards against mindless use. Saw some reviews and it appeared that Kaspersky fitted that bill the best, unless you can recommend anything better?

Audi TTS S Tronic
They're all a waste of money!

If you pay for AV ... you're an idiot

Microsoft Security Essentials is free

They all detect different viruses, so to be honest, there's no point in having a paid one. I've had customers come in with AVG, or MCAFFEE, or Norton, Kaspersky, Avira... the lot. But, all have viruses. Then, you use a free program e.g. removeit or malwarebytes and run them in safemode, and then the virus is gone... think before you part with cash ;)

LY 182
They're all a waste of money!

If you pay for AV ... you're an idiot

Microsoft Security Essentials is free

They all detect different viruses, so to be honest, there's no point in having a paid one. I've had customers come in with AVG, or MCAFFEE, or Norton, Kaspersky, Avira... the lot. But, all have viruses. Then, you use a free program e.g. removeit or malwarebytes and run them in safemode, and then the virus is gone... think before you part with cash ;)

I agree, to an extent.

My personal view is that the best Antivirus is a good detection program such as MSE/AVG etc and a bit of common sense/understanding of how viruses and how to avoid getting caught out. This, however, is not always the case due to lack and will of understanding. If you run a virus unknown to a virus scanner it will quite easily run undetected and that's when you want to start using Malwarebytes/Safe mode etc, which is fine if you have the time and knowledge to get rid of them but my friend doesn't. Kaspersky is far better at preventing unknown viruses from running by having better safe guards on know viral methods, root kits etc. It also has better safe guards even further back even before the user has clicked the site/download which is unsafe.

I'm not saying that it is an overall solution (a bit common sense is probably needed! :)) but Kaspersky seems to be one of the top runners at overall protection.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/summary/summary2011.pdf

Audi TTS S Tronic
Well if you want the stuff that is a lot harsher sort of protection, yes Kaspersky and Norton are good! (Norton is on offer in Tesco iirc)

But, I am a great believer in not using the harsher stuff

LY 182
Well if you want the stuff that is a lot harsher sort of protection, yes Kaspersky and Norton are good! (Norton is on offer in Tesco iirc)

But, I am a great believer in not using the harsher stuff

Agreed, you'll be similar to me. To be honest, my Antivirus hardly get's used I suspect that the only real danger is if a browser vulnerability gets exploited and I get stung on somewhere like Facebook. :)

Fiesta ST
They all let Malware through eventually (I have to clean a lot of PCs even if they are running Sophos/Symantec etc), MSE is free and does a decent job.

Tesla MP3 2021
I have used Kaspersky for years and can safely say it does its job. It has detected threats when necessary and dealt with accordingly and you barely have to interact with it. I have found it to be the least most intrusive security program i.e its not popping up every 2 minutes saying scanning this and checking that!