ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kerb damage leading to new tyre

Clio 2.0 182
last night i was driving down a road with cars parked on the opposite side of the road, a man coming up in his 4x4 was in the middle of the road not slowing down causing me to have to force into the kerb, this scraped my whole alloy and ripped the valve off the wheel causing an instant flat....

I had plans to repsray my alloys soon so im not too bothered about that.

I left the car in a strangers driveway last night who very kindly allowed me and this morning a mate bought me to my car, i took the wheel off and went to the garage.

the garage said i will need a new tyre because of the chunk taken out the sidewall so i said put the cheapest you have on it.

he put a landsail tyre, not heard of these before but i trust it will be ok until i can afford two new proper tyres.

bit of a bummer though.... £66 Down the drain!

Nissan 350z
£66 and all you have to show for it is a landsail tyre... wtf? You should have just gone to one of those part-worn tyre places and paid half the cost and probably got something recognisable.

If your ever in that situation again , stop , you can see the car coming , and you had the right of way , so stop where you are.

much better than trashing a wheel and tyre .

oh and yes the tyre place had you over big time .

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Braver than me. These days I just back down especially with my wife or baby in the car. You can spot a tool a mile off. Just not worth the hassle. Also having worked on many peoples brakes and seeing the state of their tyres I wouldn't trust their car to stop in time. The grip a set of budgets a gnats **** above the wear bars provide with worn discs, worn suspension and smart price pads with prehistoric brake fluid is just awesome. I've stopped working on friends now as I won't fit nasty rubbish if they have kids.

I used to take the above stance but it's been too close to call on too many occasions. There are some utter nutters on the road and they just don't care. Protected no-claims doesn't help. A friend on mine got toasted on a roundabout by an aggressive nutter and knowing it would go knock for knock he said to my friend" I don't give a s**t I have protected no-claims". Sad Times.

Last edited:
  SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I just sold my 172 non cup. According to your profile you have a 1.6 16v so i should have a spare