ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kerbed my alloy! doh!

Comin out of the petrol station yesterday, some spaz decided to block the exit, by parkin in the middle then goin for a shop!

was in a rush to get to gfs parents sunday lunch, so sqeezed past, didnt see the concrete lip around the shell sign, felt it though! DOH!!!

ive had alloys b4 loads of times, never touch em! HOW DO I FEEL! DOH!

oh well, isnt that bad, everyone says its barely noticable but you know how it is! you know its there! :(

ok thats my sob story for the day!

Clio v6

Bad news but I think youll find the kerb really jumped out and scuffed your alloy. Well they do round my way:(

LOL! DASH, I WAS DOWN IN THE CANTERBURY WHERE I GOT MY CLIO, A LOVELY V6 IN THERE, 1500MILES ON IT £22,000 SAT IN IT FOR THE FIRST TIME! DAMN YOUR A LUCKY DUDE! ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF RENAULT WILL REFURBISH MY WHEEL? HOW MUCH? ACTUALLY THEY SHOULD DO IT, ON WARRANTY OF COURSE! ;) I MEAN COME ON, IT WAS A SOFT KERB, THE WHEEL WAS FAULTY!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Danny dont feel bad mate, have a laugh at this insted..

Coming back from York one weekend I pulled into a garage on the A1(m) to fill up with petrol. My wife poped out to grab something to eat. While filling up I noticed out of the corner of my eye a Ford Mondeo reversing to try and get round someone in the garage.

Next thing I heard was a loud crunch to which I turned round only to see the Mondeo wedged up on a 12 inch high kerb, what was even worse it was wedged up on the exhaust pipe. He had reversed and not seen the kerb behind him. When he went foward the car sounded like a tractor as a presume the manifold had been pushed foward and away from the engine.

I stood there killing myself laughing will the guy was on the phone trying to sort what had happened. Worse even still was he was a rep and was trying to explain his incompitance to the his company and cancel his meetings. The wife then got back in the car and I told her what had happen and she too had a good old chuckle.

So have a smile over this one mate cause I did :D

i dunno if you know or if its any good but halfords do a kit for refurbing damaged alloys, if its hardly noticable you could probably tart it up yourself and save a few quid........

the person who invented kerbs has a lot to answer for.....................oh and speed humps.

chuckie