ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kestrel, G220 or PC

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Myself and my Brother-In-Law are planning on buying a Machine Polisher as we both want one so thought it would make sense to share the cost,

He has had very basic use of a Machine Polisher and I have had none so which one do you guys recommend?

Will be used for Basic Paint Correction, Polishing and Buffing and mostly on our cars and Family Cars,

Pro's and Con's of each would be great,

Cheers
Andy.

ive got a g220 and im new to the game. found it really easy to use. the hardest bit im going to find is keeping it away from the car :p
atm ive only got the yellow meguires pad and meguires 86 (not sure on the name sorry)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You need to buy a Transformer for those don't you? Just want a Plug and Play so thought G220 or Kestrel would be best for what we want.

Bus w**ker
You can get UK spec rotaries.

My personal choice is Kestrel DAS-6. Good price for the quality and as I'll probably only use it like six times a year, over three cars, I can't justify spending a s**t load on one, especially if I get the same results.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'll ask him what he fancies spending as he is in the Car Trade so may be able to pull some strings somehwere :)

I would get the G220! I would steer clear of a rotary this is your first machine polisher.

I got minefor £180 with 4 pads 2 backing plates and a selection of polishes.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The Kestral is the main name on both of our minds as seems reasonable priced and a good'un for beginners :)

My Paint is in need so am wanting one badly so mega bonus my Bro-In-Law wants to go halves :)

Where is Mr. JD when you need him?

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm a newbie to machine polishing and picked up a Kestrel last month and it was very easy to use. Still some swirl marks that will need more attention but a marked improvement.

A bit offputting when you first use it and it's going all over the place on the slower settings but you soon realise that once it's cranked up to speed it's easy peasy. I ditched the screw in handle though, as it kept coming loose and didn't feel safe.

astra coupe on coilovers
tbh wouldnt jump straight to a rotarty more change of damagine the paint there quite abit harder to use than a pc or g220