ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Cards

DC172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renaultsport Clio
Hi Guys I’ve only had the 2010 Clio RS one week then the key card was not recognised! I had the spare key card at home and that one worked
I’m sure this is a common problem can you suggest a fix ? I have put in new batteries ... is there a page on the forum?

DC172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renaultsport Clio
I have been using it keyless! Thanks for that I’ll give it a try ?

DC172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renaultsport Clio
Here it is take no notice of stickers?

Attachments

• FDA7B290-1B05-405C-8509-F5109C9B9750.jpeg
    FDA7B290-1B05-405C-8509-F5109C9B9750.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 42

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Here it is take no notice of stickers?
oh the classic Renault keycard!!

we have the same ones on our 08 grand scenic and all I can say is they are the worst car key ever invented. we have had nothing but issues with the shitty things.

don't bother trying to repair, buy two new ones, go the renotech in chelsmford and they charge £25 to reprogram the cards there and then.

no recognised means the coil is no longer attached to the board inside

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
oh the classic Renault keycard!!

we have the same ones on our 08 grand scenic and all I can say is they are the worst car key ever invented. we have had nothing but issues with the shitty things.

don't bother trying to repair, buy two new ones, go the renotech in chelsmford and they charge £25 to reprogram the cards there and then.
Ok thanks for that :( I’m new to the key card game!!
I made a post about mine on here a few years ago.

once you rip it open to repair, you will never ever get a proper case that stays sealed again.

you can pick up a new key card for 10-15

Westfield, 182, 200
My wife had an intermittent problem with hers.

Turned out, if it was next to or near her mobile, it wouldn't work. She keeps her mobile away from it now and has no problems!

DC172

ClioSport Club Member
  Renaultsport Clio
Good tip it’s always worth trying, I’ve just sent the offending key card to Keyrepair in Wales ... I’ll keep you all posted :)