ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

key playing up!!

2001 clio 16v
hi guys,

When i try to unlock my clio, it really doesn`t want to unlock, sometimes takes 5-10 mins of pressing the button on my key to finally unlock the car, gotta be touching the window with the key... but when i get out it locks first press of the key :S any one got any ideas on what this could be? its really getting on my nerves now! any help much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

nick.

2001 clio 16v
no worries, ill give it a try tomoz, any other advice on what it could be if its not the battery?... just incase lol

2001 clio 16v
true, ill give it a go, hopefully i wont be standing in tesco car park smacking my windscreen with my key anymore LOL :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Proberbly the switch on the PCB or the key itself isn't transmitting. If you're close to Nottingham I offer a repair service on these.

Mick

2001 clio 16v
cheers for the advice pal, i live near manchester so quite a trek away lol do you know anywhere in the northwest that might offer this service?

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
mine was the black button inside on the pcb it had come loose so took it to renault then the wanker on the desk tried telling me it needed a new key and then it would have to be reprogrammed to the car settin me back 500 notes .after all this he said leave it with me for two hours and il c what i can do....2 hours later i went back and it cost me 12 pounds .so if u havent sorted it yet explore this avenue lol

2001 clio 16v
Ahh cheers pal, it seems to have got abit better but still playing up, think i might go see the boys at the stealership see what they can do :) cheers for the advice mate :) much appreciated