ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key query

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
i only ever have had one key with my 172 (ph1) so always knew i would need to get a new key, from my research on here i knew the dealer was the only option, so after much hastle recently with the car not starting all the time due to the immobiliser i ordered a new key and collected it on tuesday.

£90 !!!:eek:

parts man said go and chat to service and see about getting it coded. i did and they couldnt do it for i few days, i was a bit peved as i hoped that the starting problems were over! service guy says dont worry the new key will still start the car no worries, but wont work the central locking. i thought great and he is right. so i now un lock my car using the original plip which has always worked the central locking without issue then start the car using the new plip which has not been programmed to the car yet.

this is a little concerning as its not unique to my car. does this mean that any clio plip with the correct key blade in it will disarm the immobiliser in my car? it appears that way to me. !!

surely this has wider car security implications?

your opinion would be appreciated..
graeme.