ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kids electric cars (support)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a 6/12V electic car for my kids, and the thing won’t work on ‘manual‘ mode it will only move forwards/backwards with the remote control. Anyone had one apart before?

The pedal switch and loom look ok and test fine, but there’s a generic looking control box that sits behind that. I figured I’d be able to find a replacement one, but nope!

I pulled it out the shed with the intention of adding another gearbox and making it 2WD rather that a useless 1WD. The bump from 6 to 12V made it a little more usable.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
I’m sure you’ve tried this but you haven’t disabled the manual part have you? The remote on mine has a switch to lock it into remote only mode

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I’m sure you’ve tried this but you haven’t disabled the manual part have you? The remote on mine has a switch to lock it into remote only mode

Nah it didn't have a lock out feature, only an emergency stop switch.

All swapped over to 2x 12V instead of 1x 6V now, much more useful!