ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

klonk noise!

Clio Sport 2.0 16V
having a clio172 from year 2000, I just had the car to an auto shop changing a gasket because there where some olie leakage from the transmission. After that the car makes a klonk noise very loud, every time I left my foot of the gas, there is nothing wrong when starting in 1stk. gear or make a full acceleration. The klonk noise is in all gear´s even at low speed like 10-20 km/t!

Anybody got some ideas?

Thanks in advance

172 Cup
If its coming from middle of car underneath, behind engine it is likely that it is the exhaust manifold knocking. I had this when I first got the car. You can change the engine mounts but there is a guide on here somewhere on slighty moving the engine on the main OS upper mount. I did this and its never been an issue. It was really annoying at the time!