ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking noise in idle

At idle my mk1 ph3 starts making a knocking sound like a woodpecker, it has a very rough idle sound like its trying to stall.
The gearstick also starts shaking a lot with this knoking sound.
What could this be???
thanks for any help.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
quite possibly a gearbox problem.... i'm not too clued up on these but im sure others can help.

MK1 Clio 16v
Sounds like the engine might be fooked?

Either that or the engine is rocking and making the knocking noise when its hitting something..

Caddy Maxi
check the engine mounts, if these are knackered then thats your problem. check your oil levels ect too. if the oil is low its likeley that your engine is knocking and could be about to go bang. check the mounts first though

clio rsi!
when mine was shaking like yours i discovered it was the engine stabiliser at the rear/base of the engine, the rubbers were nakered jus went got another one from the scrappy. as for the woodpecker noise......mine does it....ahhh dnt worry bout it til it goes bang lol