ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking Noise on turn in

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
"Got an 03 reg 172 that makes a kind of knocking noise when turning sharply. It seems to be coming from the front of the car and happens at varying speeds. It's most noticable when going round mini roundabouts or when sharply turning right into a bumpy or off camber road. I have taken it in to 3 seperate Renault service centres and explained the problem but they can never seem to re-create it! Anyone come across a similar problem?"

OK i nicked that above ^^^ from another post but i have the same thing on my Cup.
What the hell is it?
Anyone know?

Sorry if this is covering old ground..

clio 172 cup
I had a similar problem, took it back 2 renault and it turned out to be a loose shocker mount, well thats what they told me. The problem was cured for a while, but has come back just recently.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
A loose shocker mount you say?
Well mines been back to Renault to cure the shocker top nuts knocking on the tops of the turrets...that familiar noise on full lock....so maybe its a result of something not being tightened up properly.
Thanks for the input...will check it out!

2002/02 172
is it a knocking or is it more like a "BRRRRRR" if that makes any sense?! If its the BRRRR noise then mine does it too. I've given up trying to cure it having replaced both driveshafts, installed strut top washers, replaced drivers side engine mount, new drivers side wheel bearing and other more obvious things like alloys and tyres.

Mine is hard left hand corners only btw

Burgandy 174 sport t
Mine too^^^ top mounts are the only thing left!! 1 track day and a yrs driving later its gotten no worse and nothing has fallen off so cant be that bad!!