ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
i have a knocking noise coming from the front of my Clio, it's quite loud, easily noticeable when putting it out of gear, this is when going in straight line! Any help?

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah going to have a look after tea! Thinking its driveshaft related, it seems to be louder at lower speeds, but slower! It goes with the engine speed, faster = quicker knocking. Going to jack it up and spin the wheels and have a look around! anything else I should do or look for? A loud knocking like that wouldn't have anything to do with the mounts would it?

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I have discovered a creaking noise from the front left wheel, I don't know if this is related to the knocking but I have a video of it! But I can't upload the video from iPad for some reason?

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like arch liner touching the wheel perhaps? Can you do with the car off?

Hmm don't think so, it's more of a strong creak than that! It's not in sequence with the wheel going round either, goes at random intervals! Haven't managed to get a video of the knocking noise yet