ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

krunchin gears

172 cup baby
well racing a impreza turbo last night anmd when changing from 2 to 3 it didnt half crunch, didnt properly have clutch down any body else have any crunhing experiences,cas from then on last night i have thought the gearbox was gonna fall out!!

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I have the same prob, was thrashing mine and fecked the gearbox, everytime i change to 3rd it goes CRUNCH, just waiting till i can afford to get my 182 one wacked in.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
it's embarassing, cos when over taking it goess bbrrruuummmm CRUNCH CRACK BOOM bbrrruummmm lol

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
it does it when changing up when trashin it, which i think does the biggest damage. it does it all the time when im changing down, tho doesnt do it as often if i blip the accelerator

80MPG BEEZA
mine seems to catch a little when going back down into 3rd when its cold but its smooth if i change gear slowly, it seems to crunch a little into 2nd if i go slow so it likes a fast change into 2nd and a slow change into 3rd -
renault = special

172 cup baby
^^^neither does mine.......also as its wet and when its starting to spin in 1st,2nd theres seems to be a loud knocking....does yours?

MK1 Clio 16v
Mine crunches into 5th, can't get third gear anymore, and it makes crunching/rattling noises when driving along in first, second, or fourth.

The joys of having a fooked gearbox!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Or buy and box i paid £125 for one out off a 182, and get someone you know to fit it, about £100-200, sorted ;)

Lionel Richie
Or buy and box i paid £125 for one out off a 182, and get someone you know to fit it, about £100-200, sorted ;)

and then possibly have to remove that box because the trilobe bearing shattered when the car was crashed, thats the problem with 2nd hand boxes from breakers, no history

we always have second hand boxes rebuilt, saves money in the long run

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know but i don't have any money, so i have to take the risk

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
This crunch into 3rd... is it a fault or is it normal? I just put it down to a s**t gear change..