ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec carbon front spliter

anyone got any pics of the ktec carbon front splitter ??? cant seem to find it on their website, whens it out, cost.

cheers

:)

Just seen this on their website on the coming soon section:

KTR Mk2 172 & CUP CARBON FRONT SPLITTER
We are now having our carbon fibre version of the Clio Cup front splitter put into production. After many protypes being made we are now very happy with the quality and finish and the first splitters will be in stock in March 2004. It will be avaiable for fitment to all Mk2 172s and Cups. It can be fitted in minutes and comes with all the fittings needed. Price will be £89+vat (cheaper than the standard Renault plastic item).

??? so its nearly May any news about this ???

thanx

Some of the work done for k-tec was not of good enough quality which is why there were/are delays.

Patience is a virtue! ;)

-Rob

I emailed dave a week or so ago and he said he is expecting the first drop of ten splitters in mid to late may, said to keep a lookout on the site as the moment they arrives they will be moved from the development to the "new" section.

thanx all + black-cat. il look out for this, has there been any pictures yet. will the carbon finish be with stripes ? like other carbon products on their website.

that would look nice IMO :)

excited about this

I have seen pics of early K-Tec carbon splitters and they have the stripes on them, cannot find the pics now tho. I assume that they will have stripes as this is the effect you get when using carbon, I may be wrong but all items I have seen that are made of carbon have stripes ?

Also, to answer you last question, a Cup splitter will fit on a MKII 172 with no problems at all, many people have them on here.

Ive also seen the pics of the early samples (they were sold off by k-tec), the "stripes" is the effect you get with the carbon fibre weave within the clear resin and will be on the new ones. The new ones will apparently be of better quality (the original samples from a british company had some bubbles in so they switched to an italian company for the production version, the italian firm is also cheaper). Im not sure but I think Dave from k-tec mentioned that the production of the bonnet is also going to the italian firm

me too. the splitter will be very cool. + i agree how can such a small thing do so much (my girlfriend keeps saying that too :confused:).

cant wait

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

We should have a picture of the splitter on our website in the next few days. We have one of the new batch on our 172 turbo which some of you may have seen at Donny. The quality is very good as is the fitment. They arrrive in the country late next week and then just have to clear customs before coming to us a few days later. I know its taken a while but I know it will have been worth it.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

We have a small batch coming in to start with but there are more being made at the moment so we will not run short. Obviously the first batch will be sold on a first come first served basis and the splitter will be able to order on our website tomorrow.

David.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Can people whove waited since March last year get contacted for first refusal..... :sleep:

I know this post is old but its me who has one of the first ones... had it since january... I would post pics up but they are on my work comp