ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Clio RS 3rd and 4th gear synchro kit

2011 Clio RS 200
Hello,
I have owned my 2011 Clio RS 200 for half a year now. What a fun little car! I have started to get the usual grind when going into 3rd gear. I can not get ahold of Renault oem synchros as they have been on backorder for the last 6 months. So I am looking towards the synchro repair kit from k-tec ( https://k-tecracing.com/products/ktr-clio-3-197-200-tl4-synchro-repair-kit ). My question is, will this kit fit my car (transmission). Does anybody have any experience with the performance of the synchros from this kit? Will they fit my car?
Also; Do the 197 and 200 have same interchangeable synchros? From what I have found, 200s have silver ones and 197s have "golden" ones... Do the synchros from a 197 fit a 200 gearbox or are there differences?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hello,
I have owned my 2011 Clio RS 200 for half a year now. What a fun little car! I have started to get the usual grind when going into 3rd gear. I can not get ahold of Renault oem synchros as they have been on backorder for the last 6 months. So I am looking towards the synchro repair kit from k-tec ( https://k-tecracing.com/products/ktr-clio-3-197-200-tl4-synchro-repair-kit ). My question is, will this kit fit my car (transmission). Does anybody have any experience with the performance of the synchros from this kit? Will they fit my car?
Also; Do the 197 and 200 have same interchangeable synchros? From what I have found, 200s have silver ones and 197s have "golden" ones... Do the synchros from a 197 fit a 200 gearbox or are there differences?
I’ve got a pair of synchros for the TL4 in stock. They were brass in the 197, then redesigned to be steel for the 200. Renault then realised that the steel ones were just as s**t, so went back to brass.

2011 Clio RS 200
Does anybody have any experience with the ktr synchro repair kit? With the lack of oem synchros on the market I am starting to lose patience...
Are they a worthy replacement to the oem ones or are they going to give in after a few thousand miles?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
They are allegedly made for k-tec to exact renault specs, so just as rubbish.

Out of curiosity how much would a rebuild with quaife lsd cost on a 200 box?
Oh well that’s a bit s**t then! Lol! Genuine Renault items are still available anyway?!

You’re looking at whatever the cost of the quaife diff is, plus £300. TL4 boxes generally only need the synchros on 3rd and 4th mate.